By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who hates the wii?

Hitler and Darth Vader, they prefer Hard Core titles.

Around the Network

moi

I hate the Wii because it was created by Dr. Mengele.

Complain complain complain nag nag nag thats all this thread has started and why? For reasons people already know. I love the Wii. I know people who hate it. Why yeah he is a Sony fanboy. My other friend whos owned a PS1 and PS2 and a PSP likes Nintendo. He has had a Gameboy currently owns an Oldskool DS fat and is trying to get a DSi. He wants a PS3 but he loves playing smash bros on my Wii. My other cousins actually used to be Nintendo only then converted to Xbox people as they got older because they felt it was the more mature gaming system with mature games for their age which made me mad because that sounds plain dumb and ignorant, but they still enjoy playing Smash Bros when I bring my Wii over.

1. I disagree. I dont have a PS3 but i like it.
2. I disagree partially. The transition from 2D to 3D made Nintendo games look more colorful but i like it.
3. uhhh i forgot what 3 said lol :D

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

No one does. /thread

Around the Network

Hating the Wii is like hating the father of gaming (which is Mario lol), i just dont prefer the Wii.

jake_the_fake1 said:
I have a wii, and I dislike it because the motion controls in my opinion are pure rubbish and Nintendo knows this which is why they are releasing the motion plus to fix it.

The graphics are trash on my HDTv, and no I got ride of my old tube TV. Now I'm not saying Nintendo should of gone all out with it's graphics card, but it should of a least had a good upscaler to make it look decent on HDtv's, instead of penalising me for owning one.

The online is pure rubbish, no thanks to the friends code, could they make things anymore convoluted, I mean the PS2 had a system where every game had it's own username and password and although archaic it worked because it had a username system and if one wanted to and assuming they could they could have used the same username and password accross the board, but not on the wii, hell they took what the PS2 had for online and broke it even more, on the other side of the coin, the shop isn't to bad, but a tad pricey.

Now come the games, now I my self am no particular fan of mario games, or zelda games, so those are out. Mario kart and SSBM I feel were better on the game cube, and the rest of Nintendo's line simply doesn't interest me....now for 3rd party...well underneath the shit which is shovelware, and by god their is a load alot of it, are the rough gems like no more heroes, but their simply isn't enough quality games I like on it....and this all boils down to me not liking the Wii, of course there will be people who will disagree with me and that's fine, but this is my experience and my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Now allot of you Nintendo 'fanboys' will read my post, most likely get offended, most probably report me to have me band, labelling me a 'TROLL' or a 'FLAMER'....but if you read my post in context of the thread, I am with in my right to give out my opinion as the OP asks the question "who hates the wii?", I am merely giving an answer.

Ps2 games also had a lot(that's how you write it, just helping here) of shovelware and casual games. Yet you don't hate the ps2 for that? Games are subjective really, matter of taste and wii is getting a lot of good 3rd party support lately. Want examples? Monster hunter 3, the conduit, red steel 2, grand slam tennis, little kings story, klonoa, Tmnt: smash up, FF: crystal bearers, silent hill: shattered memories, virtua tennis 2009, ghostbusters wii, overlord: dark legend, etc.

I wont flame you, but you're a little bit too biased imo. The only decent point you made was the online.

Avarice28 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
I have a wii, and I dislike it because the motion controls in my opinion are pure rubbish and Nintendo knows this which is why they are releasing the motion plus to fix it.

The graphics are trash on my HDTv, and no I got ride of my old tube TV. Now I'm not saying Nintendo should of gone all out with it's graphics card, but it should of a least had a good upscaler to make it look decent on HDtv's, instead of penalising me for owning one.

The online is pure rubbish, no thanks to the friends code, could they make things anymore convoluted, I mean the PS2 had a system where every game had it's own username and password and although archaic it worked because it had a username system and if one wanted to and assuming they could they could have used the same username and password accross the board, but not on the wii, hell they took what the PS2 had for online and broke it even more, on the other side of the coin, the shop isn't to bad, but a tad pricey.

Now come the games, now I my self am no particular fan of mario games, or zelda games, so those are out. Mario kart and SSBM I feel were better on the game cube, and the rest of Nintendo's line simply doesn't interest me....now for 3rd party...well underneath the shit which is shovelware, and by god their is a load alot of it, are the rough gems like no more heroes, but their simply isn't enough quality games I like on it....and this all boils down to me not liking the Wii, of course there will be people who will disagree with me and that's fine, but this is my experience and my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Now allot of you Nintendo 'fanboys' will read my post, most likely get offended, most probably report me to have me band, labelling me a 'TROLL' or a 'FLAMER'....but if you read my post in context of the thread, I am with in my right to give out my opinion as the OP asks the question "who hates the wii?", I am merely giving an answer.

Wow! I am at a lose for words, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking +1

I'm with you jake, although I always expected the Wii to be just that so I never bothered buying one. I have played it quite a good time, and I even had some fun once playing Mario Party :P . I can't say I "hate" the system, but I definitely don't look at it with good eyes. I think the Wii does way little good for the industry, a lot less than fans and some analysts think of it. I think the industry (mainly developers) were A LOT better when Sony dominated the market. This is why they'd rather spend their money on the 50% "market" sharted by the HD consoles than produce anything for the Wii.

Being a X360 fan and I will one day become a PS3 owner before the generation is over.

Wii does not exist to me, I do not like casual games. I have no intention of buying a Wii again- I returned it within 7 days.

If you do not like a particular console just state that it does not exist, hopefully it will just fade away.

I love my wii. I just thought that needed to be said.