By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who hates the wii?

supermario128 said:
rckrz6 said:
supermario128 said:
I hate how the Wii is so loud when it plays games.

the Wii is loud?  i think your confusing it with xbox

No, I don't think so...

You need to send it in for repair then.  Mine started to get loud after the kids pulled it to the floor too many times with the gamecube controllers...  eventually stopped reading discs...  Getting loud is the first sign it's about to die...  although a cd drive cleaner may buy you some time...

OT: I hate the wii because there are so many good games for it and I just don't have the time for all of them.

Around the Network

I hate the Wii because of its success
*Looks over his shoulder for any signs of nordlead*

My cousin hates the Wii.

4 ≈ One

The wii is a love or hate it kind of console

I personally do not hate Wii. It is a good system with games that appeal to many people, however Wii is not for me.

Nintendo got lucky with Wii this generation from a sales perspective. The Wii motion control sells the Wii systems by offering something different from the competition. PS3 and X360 have stuck with trusted and reliable analogue controls .

Nintendo took a risk in regards to Wii motion control and it paid dividends. X360 and PS3 well played safe and used analogue controllers.

There were lot of critics of the Wii before it launched and lot of analysts predicted the Wii would notsell well. But they have been proven wrong.

Give credit when its due: well done Nintendo with success of Wii. 50 milion Wii sales already and counting. I count shipped as sold.

Around the Network

I don't hate my Wii, but I haven't played it since December.

Sorry.

I don't hate the wii.... BUT I never play it. Most games for the wii are uninteresting. Motion controls are lame and inaccurate. The only thing I like about it is the pointer, which when used correctly is great. Such as Zelda. So, I wouldn't say I hate it, because I got Mario and Zelda out of it. But that's all I'll use it for.

It just doesn't have any of the games that i enjoy. And i am a graphics whore so i can't stand bad graphics (its a visual thing for me, i love colorful beautiful things)

But one thing i have to hand to the wii is that it kind of got my mom (who was totally anti-videogames) to kind of of accept them. She actually admitted that she wouldn't mind having one. She beat me at wii bowling :( lol talk about humiliating!!!

But if the wii gets more people into gaming then i have to respect that...

love the Wii, more than any other console i own, and i play both casual and hardcore games : )

most people that hate the Wii are Ps2 fans, because they were sure that Ps3 would replace the Ps2, and now they hate the Wii because it took away the sales from Ps3, and it's the leading console

they could even say the Wii sucks, most of them really enjoy but they still want to believe it sucks (at least this is what happens in my country)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Avarice28 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
I have a wii, and I dislike it because the motion controls in my opinion are pure rubbish and Nintendo knows this which is why they are releasing the motion plus to fix it.

The graphics are trash on my HDTv, and no I got ride of my old tube TV. Now I'm not saying Nintendo should of gone all out with it's graphics card, but it should of a least had a good upscaler to make it look decent on HDtv's, instead of penalising me for owning one.

The online is pure rubbish, no thanks to the friends code, could they make things anymore convoluted, I mean the PS2 had a system where every game had it's own username and password and although archaic it worked because it had a username system and if one wanted to and assuming they could they could have used the same username and password accross the board, but not on the wii, hell they took what the PS2 had for online and broke it even more, on the other side of the coin, the shop isn't to bad, but a tad pricey.

Now come the games, now I my self am no particular fan of mario games, or zelda games, so those are out. Mario kart and SSBM I feel were better on the game cube, and the rest of Nintendo's line simply doesn't interest me....now for 3rd party...well underneath the shit which is shovelware, and by god their is a load alot of it, are the rough gems like no more heroes, but their simply isn't enough quality games I like on it....and this all boils down to me not liking the Wii, of course there will be people who will disagree with me and that's fine, but this is my experience and my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Now allot of you Nintendo 'fanboys' will read my post, most likely get offended, most probably report me to have me band, labelling me a 'TROLL' or a 'FLAMER'....but if you read my post in context of the thread, I am with in my right to give out my opinion as the OP asks the question "who hates the wii?", I am merely giving an answer.

Wow! I am at a lose for words, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking +1

I agree too minus the franchise hate. SOME are good. What is that... (+3?)