By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who hates the wii?

I don't hate my Wii. It's by no means a bad console unless I put it right next to my PS3, which makes it seem like a piece of crap in comparison. But that's besides the point...

Playing Paper Mario (VC) and Wario Land right now. I do love my kiddie games :3

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
I have a wii, and I dislike it because the motion controls in my opinion are pure rubbish and Nintendo knows this which is why they are releasing the motion plus to fix it.

The graphics are trash on my HDTv, and no I got ride of my old tube TV. Now I'm not saying Nintendo should of gone all out with it's graphics card, but it should of a least had a good upscaler to make it look decent on HDtv's, instead of penalising me for owning one.

The online is pure rubbish, no thanks to the friends code, could they make things anymore convoluted, I mean the PS2 had a system where every game had it's own username and password and although archaic it worked because it had a username system and if one wanted to and assuming they could they could have used the same username and password accross the board, but not on the wii, hell they took what the PS2 had for online and broke it even more, on the other side of the coin, the shop isn't to bad, but a tad pricey.

Now come the games, now I my self am no particular fan of mario games, or zelda games, so those are out. Mario kart and SSBM I feel were better on the game cube, and the rest of Nintendo's line simply doesn't interest me....now for 3rd party...well underneath the shit which is shovelware, and by god their is a load alot of it, are the rough gems like no more heroes, but their simply isn't enough quality games I like on it....and this all boils down to me not liking the Wii, of course there will be people who will disagree with me and that's fine, but this is my experience and my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Now allot of you Nintendo 'fanboys' will read my post, most likely get offended, most probably report me to have me band, labelling me a 'TROLL' or a 'FLAMER'....but if you read my post in context of the thread, I am with in my right to give out my opinion as the OP asks the question "who hates the wii?", I am merely giving an answer.

The wii isn't designed for all that. The wii wasn't made to play hardcore heavy graphics game on and it succeeds at that. It's a casual machine that rocks at casual game. I don't go on to play heavy stuff on my wii. I go in to relax. I don't get why people are upset. If you wanted a console with hardcore gaming, then you shouldn't have bought the wii in the first place. 

Bottom line, don't hate the Wii for it not being what you wanted it to be. It is what it is and rocks at being it.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

jake_the_fake1 said:
I have a wii, and I dislike it because the motion controls in my opinion are pure rubbish and Nintendo knows this which is why they are releasing the motion plus to fix it.

The graphics are trash on my HDTv, and no I got ride of my old tube TV. Now I'm not saying Nintendo should of gone all out with it's graphics card, but it should of a least had a good upscaler to make it look decent on HDtv's, instead of penalising me for owning one.

The online is pure rubbish, no thanks to the friends code, could they make things anymore convoluted, I mean the PS2 had a system where every game had it's own username and password and although archaic it worked because it had a username system and if one wanted to and assuming they could they could have used the same username and password accross the board, but not on the wii, hell they took what the PS2 had for online and broke it even more, on the other side of the coin, the shop isn't to bad, but a tad pricey.

Now come the games, now I my self am no particular fan of mario games, or zelda games, so those are out. Mario kart and SSBM I feel were better on the game cube, and the rest of Nintendo's line simply doesn't interest me....now for 3rd party...well underneath the shit which is shovelware, and by god their is a load alot of it, are the rough gems like no more heroes, but their simply isn't enough quality games I like on it....and this all boils down to me not liking the Wii, of course there will be people who will disagree with me and that's fine, but this is my experience and my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Now allot of you Nintendo 'fanboys' will read my post, most likely get offended, most probably report me to have me band, labelling me a 'TROLL' or a 'FLAMER'....but if you read my post in context of the thread, I am with in my right to give out my opinion as the OP asks the question "who hates the wii?", I am merely giving an answer.

Are you the guy who never took his Wii out of its box?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

jake_the_fake1 said:

are you serious!?

motion controls work ok if you have a brain, not in all games i must say, but they work great in most Nintendo games and 3rd party games, like NMH or Zack and Wiki, Mario Kart....

i got an HDTV with composite cables on Wii and Mario Galaxy looks amazing, yes, i have a Ps3 as well

online is great, Mario Kart has no lag, Animal Crossing works great when visiting friend cities, PES 2009 online works great and a lot other games, maybe it's not perfect, but not the rubbish you want it to be

everyone has a taste for this one, although it seems stupid to me to say Mario Kart and SSBB were better on GC, and to say Mario Galaxy and Zelda are not good, what a taste : P

they only one that makes sense is the graphics one, but still not a reason to hate a console

why not add "because it's selling more than my precious Ps3 and Xbox360" ???

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

theres no reason for me to dislike the wii anymore i got fatal frame 4 last week great game btw. Excuse me while i re-mod my wii to WiiHDD.

cant wait to play that disaster game.

Around the Network

Don't hate the Wii just wish there were better games on it.

Hate is a very strong word. If you truly hate another console then you probably need to take a chill pill or something.

tedsteriscool said:
Avarice28 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Wow! I am at a lose for words, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking +1

I agree too minus the franchise hate. SOME are good. What is that... (+3?)

Agreed here as well except that I love Mario and Zelda.  Out of all the TV consoles and portable consoles and a high end PC, the Wii is the only one absent.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Khuutra said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Yes one in the same, and although my Wii is in it's box, got it through a Panasonic promo, I play my sisters wii as if were my own, since we share our consoles.

jake_the_fake1 said:
Khuutra said:

Yes one in the same, and although my Wii is in it's box, got it through a Panasonic promo, I play my sisters wii as if were my own, since we share our consoles.

...That's pretty important information.