By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Little King's Story thread of pure joy and awesome

haha ok I just done my personal review for the game... check it out and vote so it can be displayed... or not, depending on if its any good. LOL.

Please remember though, It's not a professional one, just my own thoughts of the game for others to read.

Hope you like it!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=238

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network

When I saw the game last friday, I remembered, that a guy from the internet (with no name) hyped the game and I thought I may try it. When I put the disc in my wii and started the game I heard the "Bolero" and I fell instantly in love with the game.
I have already beaten the first king and I am exploring a little bit right now.
There were a few points which annoyed me with the game, but the most awesome thing is, that the game "repaired" those annoyances itself. For instance in the beginning I always read that Harald and Cynthia fell in love. But there was no easy method to select those two. A little bit later in the game I got offered to upgrade my podium and the problem was solved.
Than I had a problem, that my followers had problems with brigdes and obstacles and where left behind. A little bit later in the game I was able to buy a new formation and the problem was solved again.
Now the only thing I miss is the wakeup-music. In the beginning there was a classical themed wake-up music. But I don't hear this anymore ... but who knows, maybe I just have to wait a little bit and the game will "repair" this also.

Additional Note: The german localisation is extremely well done.

I guess nonames hype machine is working.

@noname2200, add vooks review also. they scored it at 9.1

Edit : http://www.vooks.net/article-1299-Little-Kings-Story.html

Magera said:
haha ok I just done my personal review for the game... check it out and vote so it can be displayed... or not, depending on if its any good. LOL.

Please remember though, It's not a professional one, just my own thoughts of the game for others to read.

Hope you like it!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=238

I did, actually. I left a comment there, but in essence, nicely done!

hentai_11 said:
When I saw the game last friday, I remembered, that a guy from the internet (with no name) hyped the game and I thought I may try it. When I put the disc in my wii and started the game I heard the "Bolero" and I fell instantly in love with the game.
I have already beaten the first king and I am exploring a little bit right now.
There were a few points which annoyed me with the game, but the most awesome thing is, that the game "repaired" those annoyances itself. For instance in the beginning I always read that Harald and Cynthia fell in love. But there was no easy method to select those two. A little bit later in the game I got offered to upgrade my podium and the problem was solved.
Than I had a problem, that my followers had problems with brigdes and obstacles and where left behind. A little bit later in the game I was able to buy a new formation and the problem was solved again.
Now the only thing I miss is the wakeup-music. In the beginning there was a classical themed wake-up music. But I don't hear this anymore ... but who knows, maybe I just have to wait a little bit and the game will "repair" this also.

Additional Note: The german localisation is extremely well done.

Glad to hear I could help!

Mr.Y said:

I guess nonames hype machine is working.

My overlords at CiNG will be pleased...

dontsee said:
@noname2200, add vooks review also. they scored it at 9.1

Will do. Any link you can give me?

Around the Network

I am now 3 hours in. I would be 7 hours in, but my girlfriend decided to play and accidentally saved over my file!  I have to say brilliant game. I didn't even mind restarting (though was a bit miffed when first I found out!).

I can't believe the bugger hasn't appeared on the chart this week. I'm sure it has sold more than enough to chart. Perhaps it's just carried in the stores Brett uses. Who knows.

I'd love this game to succeed. It truly deserves it.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Little King's Week One Sales: A Story Written In Words, by noname2200:

Europe, April 24th, 2009

Europe, April 28, 2009

noname's reaction:

The End

P.S. New review, Vandal Online, 94. Current Metacritic rating: 89.

European first week sales of Little King's Story: 4.773 Units

First week sales of comparable games on Wii:

5.472 Units for Pikmin 2

5.405 Units for Pikmin 1

at least with the sales - games like my sims kingdom didn't sell many more first week in comparrison and it'sd steadily crawling it's way to a million seller.

This game needs advertising cos if you dont read the internet you're not gonna know this game exists.