By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2009: Companies to Watch Out For ~~ SONY Make it MS & Nintendon't!!

Bayonetta and MadWorld are made by Platinum Games not capcom

and Platinum Games independent video game development company

Around the Network

That's a crap shoot of a list.

Just kiss the tip.

And BTW, the author of the article seems extremely anti-Nintendo as well.

Just kiss the tip.

He also called Dragon Age: Origins an MMORPG...

They will all have massive shows this year.

Sony had a very decent show last year, Microsoft busted out a show stopper, and pretty much everyone from Nintendo acknowledged how much theirs sucked. They are also telling stores to reserve major shelf space.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

"We frown upon Red Steel 2, plain and simple. The original sucked and if Nintendo was so eager to have a game that could show off the Wii-Motion Plus, it could have gotten a room with George Lucas."

A recently released sequal in Feb has a bad first game but rhe sequal turne out to be pretty good... I love how people pre-judge before the game is even shown...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

I really don't think Capcom will be that noteworthy with all of their biggest games having just been released. Don't think Konami will be worth the trouble, either.

EDIT: Or Blizzard, for that matter. Don't think they'll give us much news at E3. They rarely do.

@ majin, remember it is Activision Blizzard, and they will show off MW 2

Munkeh111 said:

@ majin, remember it is Activision Blizzard, and they will show off MW 2

Well, okay then. But I still stand by what I said about Capcom and Konami.

I find this objectionable. It is ill-informed, primarily, and doesn't really have a good read on the company's strategies.

I also severely doubt that the next Metal Gear Solid will be shown, unless it is shown in a way that is patently pointless (i.e. a CG teaser that reveals nothing of merit)

I've found that E3 is "won" by megatons, by surprises. Microsoft and especially Nintendo are poised to deliver these in a bigger way than Sony, i think. Sony's shown most of their cards, and the best they can hope for is to reveal a really kickass release schedule (GT5 this year?)

Especially from Nintendo's perspective, the little that we know for sure about what they're up to hints at the possibility of a good handful of megatons, but they have a tendency to squander opportunities, so you never know.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.