By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first and favorite Castlevania game

My first was Super Castlevania IV, about two years ago ... Since then I've played lots of Castlevania and it's now one of my favorite franchises. My favorite game? Symphony of the Night, closely followed by Portrait of Ruin.

Around the Network

First: Castlevania 3

Since I don't have a single favorite, I'll break it down like this:

Classic CV: Bloodlines
Metroidvania: Symphony of the Night
Portable: Aria of Sorrow

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

First: Castlevania (NES)

Favorite: All out war between CVIII and DracX (PCE-CD). (And if III got a gameplay makeover to remove a lot of the irritating, old school, CV quirks, it'd probably be undisputed #1.)

My first Castlevania was Circle of the Moon (GBA), great game by the way... I'd play it more but the cartridge's battery died out because I played the game so much...

Favorite? I'd say that it's a tie right now between Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia. Both of 'em are fantastic.

I really want to get Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance... -_-

Smeags said:

I really want to get Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance... -_-

Missing Harmony of Dissonance isn't a big loss IMO. It's ok, but kinda falls short of other metroidvanias like Aria - especially in the music department.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Around the Network

my first was super castlevania 4, and for the "new" castlevania, it was harmony of dissonance on gba.

and my favourite is portrait of ruin on ds.

SotN, and that's the only i played, soooo i guess thats my favorite??