By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Conduit deliver?Or will it fail to live up to the hype?

Cod:waw doesn't have the same quality as the HD versions. It doesn't deserve the same sales.

Around the Network
mjc2021 said:
Cobretti2 said:
mjc2021 said:
sc94597 said:
mjc2021 said:
Cobretti2 said:
mjc2021 said:
thekitchensink said:
mjc2021 said:
WTayne said:
I can see if debuting 100-150k in it's first week. 700K by the end of the year. It'll probably sell on word of mouth and not reviews.

Metacritic score 70-80ish

We've seen games have a ton of advertising and great reviews yet they'll still pull in medicore sales. If this was a Wii launch title it would sell a million easy. But in this flooded market I can't imagine it clears 500K life time.

Flooded market of Wii FPS games.  And yet it's just casual sports party petz games according to mostof your post history.  &explodes*

OT: I'm predicting an 86-88 average and two to three million lifetime.

Obviously Wii consumers aren't demanding FPS games. The best selling FPS game right is Metroid Prime 3 at 1.52 million. CoD World at War is a mega popular franchise and has barely passed a million. You expect this obscure shooter to sell 3 million?

Are you huffing jenkem or just a delirious fanboy?

if you looked at the differences between the Wii and the HD version (apart from gfx) you would understand why it hasn't sold better.

What? The boring split screen that can't go online and Nazi zombies? You Think that's what sold  millions more?

You can't admit HD consoles have a bigger FPS fanbase?

Idk about the split screen, but Nazi Zombies is all my friends play. Also the HD Consoles have more players online,dlc, and  a few other smaller things.

Even if it was more true to the HD releases in regards to content that wouldn't have a huge impact on sales in my opinon. Even if it has more content than the HD consoles I doubt it would sell more copies.

I never said it would sell millions more, I said it would sell better. Stop assuming better means MILLIONS.You really don't know much about Wii owners do you? If they know they are getting dicked in content compared to HD version, they refuse to buy the game. Or if a game comes out 6 months after other versions it just doesn't sell ie PES2009, compare that to PES2008. I will give you another example. MOH on Wii in Australia, they took out the online, a SHITLOAD of people returned the game the same day they baught it. Big mistake on EA's part.

I didn't mean it would sell better than the HD version, now you are assuming. Looking at the top 50 it seems like Wii owners avoid games that isn't already a major franchise, developed by Nintnedo, or minigames. Clearly a lot of developers don't understand Wii owners either considering all the bombs.

Either way this conversation is going no where. My point was Conduit most likely won't sell a million or even millions.

Where did I say it would sell better then HD version? I said sell better in general then it has currently if it had the same content as the HD version. By cutting stuff out it is like a kick in the balls to Wii owners, and they know they are getting ripped off and will refuse to buy it.

Conduit will sell well if it deserves too. If it doesn't then it won't.

The biggest problem Wii has is that it has CRAP ports with waggle controls, or rushed jobs. The core audience of the Wii will not buy shit.

Even look at Disaster Day of Crisis, that sold like shit cause it was sub standard and that is a Nintendo game.

Hell look at Killzone 2, that game has JUST passed one million according to SCE. A game of KZ2 quality should of done MUCH better. According to you the audience is on the HD consoles, yet only 1 million in two months?

So before you go starting a Conduit failed thread, wait two months.

Samus Aran said:
Cod:waw doesn't have the same quality as the HD versions. It doesn't deserve the same sales.

I'm saying if a major titles like CoD and Metroid Prime 3 doens't pull in outstanding numbers I have little hope for lesser known FPS games. Is my opinion really that crazy?

mjc2021 said:
Samus Aran said:

I'm saying if a major titles like CoD and Metroid Prime 3 doens't pull in outstanding numbers I have little hope for lesser known FPS games. Is my opinion really that crazy?

no i think not, actually i think you´re right

mjc2021 said:
Samus Aran said:

Metroid is not a popular franchise of Nintendo. To a real gamer it is popular, but the real masses? They've never heard of it and I have never in my life seen any ad for metroid what so ever. You're forgetting that cod is still selling good for the wii.

Why buy a less good version of cod when you can buy it on xbox360/ps3 or pc? Tell me that. I think it's a fair assumption that a lot of wii owners have bought it for their pc insteand. Every wii owner that owns a multiple consoles will most likely have bought it on another console. That's what happens when the game is not the same at all. 8 players? No dlc? Less maps? No splitscreen? No zombie modes? I'm surprised it sold so well despite all of this.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
mjc2021 said:
Samus Aran said:

Metroid is not a popular franchise of Nintendo. To a real gamer it is popular, but the real masses? They've never heard of it and I have never in my life seen any ad for metroid what so ever. You're forgetting that cod is still selling good for the wii.

Why buy a less good version of cod when you can buy it on xbox360/ps3 or pc? Tell me that. I think it's a fair assumption that a lot of wii owners have bought it for their pc insteand. Every wii owner that owns a multiple consoles will most likely have bought it on another console. That's what happens when the game is not the same at all. 8 players? No dlc? Less maps? No splitscreen? No zombie modes? I'm surprised it sold so well despite all of this.

hehe, I must be the only one who didn't. However the only reasons I didn't was because I always want to try out wii remote to see if controls improved and also because I am too busy this year to play online so not like the missing online stuff mattered to me.

MW2 I will most likely get on my ps3 to continue the trend. IF

Reviews; IGN will score it 85 or higher, others much lower im afraid.

Sales; Should have a 100k ++ first week, since it's Wii only. Lifetime it should have a shot at 1 million.

Anyway it's a must buy for me, since im a Wii only owner, and i like FPS games. Everyone here who has a Wii and likes FPS games should buy it, supporting HVS for doing the best.. :)

I think the Teen rating on The Conduit is more of an edge then people think versus Madworld's M rating.

...Even with the nitpicking that has went on with the Conduit I still expect it to get in the 8.0 -9.0 range.

...Sales wise I see the first month maybe in the 100k range.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Yeah well critics are gonna bash it, 'cos that's what they generally do to Wii games, they'll go and compare the graphics and online play to the HD consoles, which shouldn't even cross their mind, really.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

MontanaHatchet said:
It will have a decent debut and then have some dropoffs. A bunch of people will call it a flop. Then, it will quickly develop some decent legs.

Critical: I'm thinking somewhere around an 8.2, aggregated of course. IGN will probably give the game one of its highest scores, while I see 1UP and Gameinformer not liking it as much. Gamespot will give it a decent score, but below IGN.

Sales: At least 2.5 million. I don't see any reason why this couldn't do as well as Perfect Dark on the N64.

For a change, I fully agree with Montana here