By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Conduit deliver?Or will it fail to live up to the hype?

So I´ve just finish watching the latest Conduit video at ign in which they interview Eric Nofsinger and he seems pretty confident that the Conduit  will be live up to everyone´s expectations.Now I´m not really sure I mean there are 2 factors that we need to consider

-Critics

-Sales

In the critics side I´m sure IGN will give it a good score I´m predicting a range from 8.5-9.5 from all the stuff IGN has been saying through 08 and 09 clamming that the Conduit is going to be the game us wii owners have been waiting for and that this is the game publishers are looking for to see if the wii has potencial for 1st person shooters they will look pretty bad if they give the game a score of ranging from 7.0-7.5.Let´s not forget that madworld got an impressive 9.0 from IGN with Matt begging the readers to buy the game,and the conduit has been by far more hyped in IGN than Madworld.Regarding other sites it´s hard to tell I haven´t seen other sites hyping the Conduit as much as IGN I´ve seen articles here and there from other sites but not much.With kotaku recent article,saying the game need tons of polishing before being realease I´m not sure what to expect from them.

Now here is the tricky part in terms of sales I´m completely lost since no first person shooter has done "outstanding" on the wii.If we look how madworld perform which many consider might consider a "flop"then will the conduit follow the same path or will it manage to pass the million mark(LTS)?A good idea would be to make a conduit bundle like a member of vgchartz suggested that might boost sales.

Around the Network

Anyone know where the multiplayer stands on this game? Multiplayer campaign? Multiplayer offline vs mode? 2+ players from one console online?

If the answer to all these questions are a yes- and well implemented- that will make a huge difference.

good reviews (8-9's)

mediocre sales (100 000 - 300 000)

Above average Reviews (8-8.5 with some 9s)

Average-Great Sales(500k-1mil)

Critics-Nintendo centric sites a publications will give it 8-9ish scores, everyone else will be 70-80, with the praise centering around the controls and (if well implemented) multiplayer. Overall, a 75-85 score on metacritic

Sales-I'm predicting MadWorld pace, even though the Teen rating might give it an edge, heavy advertising and positive word of mouth can only help. 400-500K lifetime with the 3 benefits

Around the Network

When I make a sort of more intelligent thread it seems to be largely ignore by the majority of the vgchartz community but I remember back in the day when I made a who has the coolest avatar thread people suddenly became all excited.Not to look that further the charmeleon thread had a dumb title but it manage to get all popular even with the grammatical error in the tittle than by the way nobody notice.This gives me a good idea for future threads in the future....-_-

Critics: IGN will rate it like the Wii game it is, and give it 8.5-9.5; around there. Other websites will say it is on the wrong system,not as good as PS360 games, etc. 65-80 avg from them.

Sales: I see 125k first week WW from The Conduit. It seems kind of high, usually 3rd party Wii games don't sell that much, but there is considerable hype, with no competition for sales in sight.

1-1.5 million lifetime. Onslaught is selling good for a WiiWare title. COD3 and COD WAW have sold or will sell 1.15 million and so has Red Steel. The only Wii FPSs worth playing (besides MOH:H2) have sold well. I expect TC to do no different.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

It will have a decent debut and then have some dropoffs. A bunch of people will call it a flop. Then, it will quickly develop some decent legs.

Critical: I'm thinking somewhere around an 8.2, aggregated of course. IGN will probably give the game one of its highest scores, while I see 1UP and Gameinformer not liking it as much. Gamespot will give it a decent score, but below IGN.

Sales: At least 2.5 million. I don't see any reason why this couldn't do as well as Perfect Dark on the N64.

Critics: Around 8.2-8.6 tops
Sales: 1-2 Millions possibly. Hopefully sega will do a great advertising campaing on this game since it has a lot of potential.

reviews: 80-85 on metacritic

sales:1 million +