By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii: Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

Guitar Hero World Tour all the way.

I have both games (360), and although I love them both, I just like GHWT WAAAAAAY BETTER.

There are new gameplay elements like Multi-strum, The Char. Customizer is 10x better, There are ACTUAL Rockstars in the game (Ozzy, T. Barker, Z. Wylde, Ted Nugent, Sting, H. Williams, ect.), and the actual Drums are just WAAAY better.

Also, the sliding feature, tap-strum/slap-bass, and Music Creator Studio are all really cool. Also, Star Power on Drums/Vocals >>>>>>>> Overdrive on Drums/Vocals. No question.

Also, when singing, In RB2, the game goes after one pitch, while in GHWT, it can average Two separate pitches, so if you go for any songs with growling (mostly metal), they will be better for singing on GHWT, while RB2 will flicker between 2 pitches.

I do miss no-fail mode in GHWT, but that's about it.

Also, anyone saying the GH series is now sold out due to Acti taking over is crazy. What was RB2's download last week? oh yeah, I think I remember, it was SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS.

And, IMHO, both games have their share of greatness, and utter crap for a setlist.

Lastly:

To the guy who was talking about the upcoming RB:Beatles game:

Metallica >>>>> Beatles, IMO, especially for a rhythm game.

Around the Network
Alexandervgc said:
False. Guitar Hero guitar works on Rock Band.

Yeah i thought it didnt work so i bought a rockband one too, I fell retarded when the other worked.

"Like you know"

For Compatibility issues, may I direct your Attention here?

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

I personally think that the song selection is more interesting in GH but that's a matter of taste. In gameplay I found both games simmilar.

Which are the differences between GHWT guitar and GH III guitar???

Around the Network

^^^ Bigger, the touch pad, More Guitar-looking (less buttony), longer strum bar and whammy bar (Shaped differently, too), new stratocaster design instead of Les Paul, Wood Grain default faceplate instead of white...

L.C.E.C. said:
^^^ Bigger, the touch pad, More Guitar-looking (less buttony), longer strum bar and whammy bar (Shaped differently, too), new stratocaster design instead of Les Paul, Wood Grain default faceplate instead of white...

What is the touch pad for? x___X

Will I miss functions in GH: WT if I have a GH III Les Paul Guitar with no touch pad?

I'm not really into these types of games, but wouldn't you want to pick the game that had the most songs you would enjoy playing?

Seems fairly simple. :P

One_touch_KO said:
L.C.E.C. said:

What is the touch pad for? x___X

Will I miss functions in GH: WT if I have a GH III Les Paul Guitar with no touch pad?

Yes, but they aren't necessary:

- Touch strumming/slap bass

- Palm muting, ect. in studio

- Distortion effect when touch strumming as opposed to whammying.

The touch pad makes solos easier, more realistic, and more satisfying, same with touch-strumming...

^

I need the GH: WT guitar then. Looks like there will be exclusive gameplay with those functions in future GH games.

@wfz yeah, I enjoy the songs from rock band the more but I'm more concerned about instruments compatibility.