By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii: Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

wfz said:
I'm not really into these types of games, but wouldn't you want to pick the game that had the most songs you would enjoy playing?

Seems fairly simple. :P

Well if you buy Rock Band 2, then the only other game you can play with those instruments is Rock Band 1.

If you buy Guitar Hero World Tour, then if you want to pick up more games for more songs, but not buy new instruments, you can buy any of the several billion Guitar Hero games... AND Rock Band 2, but not 1.

So if you plan on picking up more games as bonus song packs, Guitar Hero makes more sense.

But otherwise yeah, you're right.

Around the Network

Those games are not as good on Wii as on HD consoles if you like downloadable content and remmeber you can import RB1 tracks to RB2 on HD consoles, I wouldn't recommend RB or GH on Wii. I have RB2 for PS3 with the RB1 tracks imported and 100$ worth of downloadable songs and I'm loving it!

Wii gets cheaper guitars because they already have the tilt controls for star power.

And there's a speaker in the remote for that horrible sound when you miss a note.

Those are 2 advantages that only the Wii versions have buddy.

^^ Oh yeah I agree with that, but for expanding the game the HD versions are much better

I am more of a Guitar Hero fan but I would like to play Rock Band.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
lightbleeder said:
^^ Oh yeah I agree with that, but for expanding the game the HD versions are much better

Haveing had GHIII on Wii, and GHWT+RB2 on 360, this is true... As I put in my SVOAMGT in my sig.

so... anything happen?

I have both rock band 2 and GH:WT
I like GH's guitars better but I like rock band's drums better and RB IMO is the better game and music selection. Also once RB catches up all their DLC with the wii then RB for the wii have more DLC plus 20 free songs downloable ;)

i'm more of a guitar hero fan myself.

Eh, most of those 20 free songs are junk... You don't get to choose them... I only REALLY liked about 5 of them to be honest...