By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Contoller is the worst. confirmed

Jordahn said:
Kratos said:
i don't have very big hands, and that is why i like the ps3 controller better. But i don't have problems playing on 360 controller, its a fine controller.

I actually found that the PS3 controller is a good "generic" controller.  Not that it's a bad thing, but what I'm saying is that it seems to cover all genres very well at the least.

The Dual shock, to me, is far superior to the new PS3 controller. I do not like what they did with the R2 and L2 buttons. I could use the Dual Shock for nearly any game, now this controller is only comofortable for some. The controller is alot lighter and a little smaller too. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Fallout was confirmed superior graphically and gameplay-wise on the 360 comapared to it's other console counterpart. Not to mention the DLC. I know the thread is a joke, but I just had to say it because others (360 haters) will jump at topics like this.

They and PS3 haters does a rapid response of defense for their obvious insecurities... ;)

But seriously (maybe I was serious...)

The 360 controller is the best for shooting games FPS and TPS. You feel more immersed because the feel of the controller compliments the style of gameplay.

The thing about that Microsoft is still amazed at how ergonomic the dreamcast controller was/is even though it looked clunky. They knew the controller had to be toned down from last gen, but it is generally good for nearly any game besides fighting games (Unless you're good at using joysticks).

In my right hand, the 360 controller feels pretty fine when it comes to shooting.  It sit in my hand well while the trigger button feels right as well.  But I still prefer the analog stick where the D-pad is like the Dual Shock because for my hands, it gives me a more comfortable range of motion.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:
Kratos said:
i don't have very big hands, and that is why i like the ps3 controller better. But i don't have problems playing on 360 controller, its a fine controller.

I actually found that the PS3 controller is a good "generic" controller. Not that it's a bad thing, but what I'm saying is that it seems to cover all genres very well at the least.

The Dual shock, to me, is far superior to the new PS3 controller. I do not like what they did with the R2 and L2 buttons. I could use the Dual Shock for nearly any game, now this controller is only comofortable for some. The controller is alot lighter and a little smaller too.

Now when you say the "new PS3 controller," do you mean the Sixaxis or the Dual Dhock 3?  Because both of these controllers are the exact same sizes as the both first Dual Shocks which confuses me.  Now the Sixaxis is lighter because it doesn't have rumble, but the DS3 weight about the same as the previous DS's save for the power cord.  maybe you are thinking fo the original PSOne analog controllers that came out before the original PSOne DS.  Those had larger grip handles but no vibration.

friends is the worst tv show ever confirmed

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

According to GameDaily, the 360 has the best controller of all-time.

And the 360 is the best system of all-time.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
saimcheeda said:
JRPG said:
shinyuhadouken said:
It is a shitty controller for fighting games, but just about perfect for shooters.

If they fixed the D-pad then it would be the ultimate controller.

sure sure

You are not gonna come in here saying the Dual Shock is the better controller are you?

JRPG said:
saimcheeda said:
JRPG said:
shinyuhadouken said:
It is a shitty controller for fighting games, but just about perfect for shooters.

sure sure

You are not gonna come in here saying the Dual Shock is the better controller are you?

Why not?

Jordahn said:
JRPG said:
saimcheeda said:
JRPG said:
shinyuhadouken said:

sure sure

Why not?

Cause its not. The placement of the analog sticks, and the analog sticks themself are inferior. I've played enough PS2 games to know that much.

JRPG said:
Jordahn said:
JRPG said:
saimcheeda said:
JRPG said:
shinyuhadouken said:

sure sure

Why not?

Cause its not. The placement of the analog sticks, and the analog sticks themself are inferior. I've played enough PS2 games to know that much.

Well, it's good to know that the 360 controller works best for you in all situations.

To the "Dual Shock v. 360 controller" debaters:

Try this. Grab a 360 controller, hold it like you normally would, and let your thumbs fall into a position that feels most natural to you. Now grab a Dual Shock and do the same.

On the 360 controller, your thumbs should fall on to the left analog stick (left) and the face buttons (right).

On the Dual Shock, your thumbs should fall on the D-pad (left) and the face buttons (right).

The 360's controller is much more natural for 3D games. In fact, the only part of it that sucks is the D-pad - and, well, the Dual Shock D-pad is worse. The former may be inaccurate, but at least it won't shred your thumbs.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom