By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii's Weak Online Support

I love how many people in this thread are experts on the Wii's online capabilities.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
I love how many people in this thread are experts on the Wii's online capabilities.

If you yell loud enough, the sheeple will follow. 

indeed

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Or how those of us that know what we're talking about get lost in the sea of ignorance.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

They didn't count the games that don't have online leaderboards and such for X360 games (ie, Bioshock, EDF2017, Oblivion).

I don't understand why everyone passed off the whole online thing as non-important, save for a few major Wii titles that seem like godsends, and that's it.

Lets face it, Nintendo is retarded for not pushing online multiplayer than it has. They've been stuck in the mid-90s in this way for far too long. There's nothing wrong with pushing 4p in real life, but having online multiplayer for more first player titles is incredibly important - I fail to see why it isn't important, when the top-selling X360 games (just about 80% or more) have extensive online playability. Multiplayer adds alot of depth to gameplay, even for subpar games (Lost Planet).

I couldn't imagine why a game like Wii Sports didn't have it. Nintendo dropped the ball on this real bad. Fortunately, they seem to be warming upto it. All the while Sony and Microsoft actually have their stuff in order, and are putting out more and more competent online components, leaving Nintendo in the distant 3rd place. Hopefully Nintendo realizes it can make money, and woo developers by actually caring about online components....But even then, with only offering a few IPs to have online (Pokemon, Mario Kart), I just don't see their reasoning behind their stupidity. They helped solidify 4p non-online gameplay with the N64. You'd think they woulda stayed ahead of the curve with online, but didn't.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

2%?

With 81 games out.  Are they counting VC games or something?

Or do only 2 games on the Wii have online support?

Kasz216 said:

2%?

With 81 games out. Are they counting VC games or something?

Or do only 2 games on the Wii have online support?

Go read my first post please. It's explained.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

OK everyone the Wii will have a good online play. They just stared to get it out and on the DS. They are working to have online play with the Wii and so far There are three games out that have online play. MAdden 08,Mario Striker charger, and Gay pokeymon. There are a lot of other games that will have online play, but you have to give them time. Games like guitar Hero III,Super Smash Brother Brawl, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (32 player online), Need for Speed ProStreet, NBA Live 08 (8 play online) and more to come. 

Second Nintendo screwed it self with having a small harddrvie space and it has nothing to do with the online play in general. online play can be just as good as XBL even if you can't download content.    

Tuggy, you are right in saying that alot WILL have online gameplay, but few do NOW.

I just worry that Nintendo is about 2-3 years behind the curve on online gaming, and with them behind the others so handily, they won't focus their investment monies into online. Alot of people are missing out on what fun Online is all about :-p

I'll give you a hint:

Everybody Votes Channel or Online Gameplay for SSBB

Which would you chose?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well I beg to differ bc they are trying to get online play to work with games. That is why they started it. If sony can online play and have it work, then it can work with the Wii. I do not see it not lasting the whole time the Wii is out.

Second some of the channels they put on the Wii is just for fun. They want you to have fun with the Wii even when your not playing a video game. No other system is like that.
So they want to have both and I think they can. Just remember they are a video game company only. They are not a big giant company that does more then just gaming!