By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Year To Date YOY comparisons... Very Illuminating

I find it amazing that the 360 is up more year over year than the Wii, considering how much larger the scope of the Wii's sales are.

Around the Network

Price cut seems to be working.

MontanaHatchet said:
I find it amazing that the 360 is up more year over year than the Wii, considering how much larger the scope of the Wii's sales are.

The Wii was already breaking records so what do you want it to do? It did raise however but the 360 had a lot more room for improvement and MS was successful in finding ways to improve. As for the PS3....well someone has to lose.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

nothing a price cut cant do!!

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun

yea "when" is very crucial and though im not a microsoft supporter i applaud their tactics...

Around the Network

@kowenicki exactly...ms really knew when to act!

If you will notice... the PS3 started out 2008 at close to 3 million for that period... not much behind what the X360 has done this year. Just saying a turnaround is easy, after all the PS3 was much further ahead of the X360 last year, and yet the X360 still just pipped PS3 for the total 2008 sales.

Not saying it will happen, and it almost certainly won't without at least some form of PS3 price cut (which if it will happen this year I am doubting it will be any more than $50)

My guess is that when a price cut comes it will be $100 and also the price cuts will come region by region. If what's rumored is correct GT5 will be releasing this year as well as FFXIII, that screams price cut in Japan. Next will be the EU which gets a price cut, this year a price drop in EU + GT5 will again = big sales.

Sony has no exclusives coming which will have large appeal to NA so not sure when that one will get a price cut. It all depends on what the production costs are for the PS3 right now, personally cannot see the PS3 being the same price for two years running.

kowenicki said:
@twroo

$50 just wont do it in my opinion. I dont think a turnaround is "easy" but I agree it could happen.

I agree $50 off the PS3 won't make as much of an impact as the $50 did off the X360, but the PS3 won't have as much ground to make up.... so if there is a $50 cut around the sam time as last years X360 cut it could pull it around. But yes I think the X360 should be able to take this year too, though unless the PS3 starts to falter I don't think X360 will "win" another year.

Well i wonder how much will the Wii Sale if Ninty will start bundling it or introduce colors. They still have much room before any pricecut