By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Business Insider: GTA Chinatown Wars bellyflops (88,704 sold in US)

I have the game, love the game. T2 really did a fantastic job of making GTA fit on the DS while still retaining all the elements I love about GTA and added unique stuff for DS too.

But those sales are miserable for a GTA game. Period.

Best Wii owners can likely hope for is a GTA:SA port now.

Around the Network

i think the reason is that take-two didnt think outside of the box. they should have used the wii remote as a periferal with the ds like wii sports.

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

After MadWorld, I found it pitiful to try and discuss sales of mature titles on the Wii/DS.....but this is just....ugh

KylieDog said:
alfredofroylan said:
Star Scream said:
One thing that worries me is that they said Chinatown Wars sales might influence the decision on future GTA for Wii.

Do you believe Nintendo lost the "adultescents" demographics (and yes I'm saying adultescents not real adults) And if that ... what they can do to recover it.

Lost it?  The DS never had it.

Correct. I'm the only "adultescent" who owns one among the gaming people I know - everyone else has a PSP. You can get a DS anywhere here, but it's not in high demand among people my age (I'm 17).

So yes, I am the only one that expected this game to have a really low start on it's way to incredibly high sales. Glad to get confirmation on that.

I've said quite a few times, looking at existing sales numbers for all other "M" or "adult" type games suggests that there is almost no demographic amongst the DS userbase for such a game. However, with the DSi and the first mega console selling M type game (GTA CTW), the DS is finally going to push in to that demographic.

This is already probably the third most successful adult type game and even that is only if we count Metroid Hunters (the second is Call of Duty). And it's going to keep on selling and selling and selling.

Then it will sell some more.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
jellyfishprince said:
i think the reason is that take-two didnt think outside of the box. they should have used the wii remote as a periferal with the ds like wii sports.

Oh please. Chinatown Wars uses the touch screen very well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i love how they think that CW bombed and it should return to psp on which last GTA sold even worse.

it looks like some games really are better for PSP

like ad hoc games and GTA.

I really dont get why people want this game to fail. Ive had more fun with GTA:CW then any other GTA minus GTA 3. And GTA 3 Liberty City Stories was ok...but got old like GTA4 pretty quick..

I think the change of pace was something the franchise needed...just like GTA 3 did when it first came out.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

waron said:
i love how they think that CW bombed and it should return to psp on which last GTA sold even worse.

What now? Vice City Stories sold 162k in its first month in Americas according to VGC. (November 2006)

Liberty City Stories 161k in its first month of sales. (October 2005)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.