By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Business Insider: GTA Chinatown Wars bellyflops (88,704 sold in US)

Xen said:
megaman79 said:
This is the first GTA game on Nintendo. Lets see the smash hit amazing sales for kids games and minigame/mature brain style games on PSP or even the 2 HD's.

Remembering T2 remain confident in LONG TERM sales. Something no other competitors can rely on.

Totally uncalled for. You give Nintendo fans a bad name.

Especially being that this isn't the first GTA game on a Nintendo handheld.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Would anyone else like to see this game released on Xbox Live? They really should do some stuff like that.

yikes if thats true

hello how are you.

^ Its over. Ds for kids, Wii for fat Milfs and kids, Animal Crossing for pedophiles.

They win, we lose. ITS OVER

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Anyone else waiting to see those reporters and analysts eating their words in six months?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
outlawauron said:
Xen said:
megaman79 said:
This is the first GTA game on Nintendo. Lets see the smash hit amazing sales for kids games and minigame/mature brain style games on PSP or even the 2 HD's.

Remembering T2 remain confident in LONG TERM sales. Something no other competitors can rely on.

Totally uncalled for. You give Nintendo fans a bad name.

Especially being that this isn't the first GTA game on a Nintendo handheld.

edit: nevermind, read wrong.

There we go. I was kinda puzzled by your response.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
Would anyone else like to see this game released on Xbox Live? They really should do some stuff like that.

id love it if they did some stuff like that, but the touch screens , , ,

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

News flash: idiots in the gaming press still think DS and Wii sales are front-loaded. Still haven't learned their lessons from Boom Blox or World At War.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

GTA:CW only has one month of sales and there is people who want the game on XBL or PSN, how about buy a DS and the game?

LordTheNightKnight said:
News flash: idiots in the gaming press still think DS and Wii sales are front-loaded. Still haven't learned their lessons from Boom Blox or World At War.

That's a terrible excuse. Look at the debuts for Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, or Wii Fit. They all had big debuts and legs. Look at New Super Mario Bros. if you want an example of a DS game with a big debut. This is a series known for having huge launch weeks, and the DS userbase is 100 million (about 75 million not counting Japan). The PS2 has a similar userbase size when San Andreas came out and the game debuted to sales of almost 4 million (and those numbers include Japan).

All I'm saying is that there is no good reason for this low debut. It might have legs and be successful, but the first couple weeks have been pitiful.