By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical March NPD Thread (Data in 4 hours)

Every single video game system has been overtracked on VGCHARTZ, the wii nearly 250,000 units above what NPD shows. Playstation 2 about spot on, around 7,000 units overtracked, DS nearly 100,000 units overtracked, PSP over tracked by over 80,000 units, XBOX 360 overtracked by 50,000 units, Playstation 3 overtracked by nearly 120,000 units.

RE5 didnt boost hardware for either console, and killzone 2 didnt affect the PS3, it seems the economy is starting to affect video game sales in the U.S

mM
Around the Network

You gotta LOL at the Playstation family, how the mighty have fallen. Really sad to see, price drops will do nothing at all for the console in NA.

PS3 is not doing pathetic at all

SONY can keep it at the price its at

If PS3 goes to 2007 lows THEN they should cut the price

otherwise no

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

haxxiy said:
PS3 is doing fucking pathetic. I've no words for Sony. What the hell they were thinking this gen? To get beaten by the X360 you need to be pretty bad. Slash $150 from the PS3 price or they're screwed.

Preserving cash is probably more important market share right now...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

RPG said:
You gotta LOL at the Playstation family, how the mighty have fallen. Really sad to see, price drops will do nothing at all for the console in NA.

A prediction?

mM
Around the Network

While disappointed at the PS3 numbers, not shocked though, I am very pleased at MLB 09 numbers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

RPG said:

have you been living under a rock? lol

this has been the situation for a year now..

haxxiy said:
PS3 is doing fucking pathetic. I've no words for Sony. What the hell they were thinking this gen? To get beaten by the X360 you need to be pretty bad. Slash $150 from the PS3 price or they're screwed.

calm down, what were you expecting?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@psrock

don't you know.....nowadays it seems like PS3 fans have less expectations from PS3 than 360 fans