By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Out of Pokémon, Mario and The Sims, which is most popular and successful?

I definitely say The Sims!

Want to know why? Because Mario has made more than 200 (!) games and sold about 200 million copies.

The Sims? Two games and over 100 million already. Mario owned.  I believe everyone knows of The Sims franchise, and once The Sims 3 is released, I think we should expect 150 million + in sales regarding the series!

Also, Pokémon may be an alternative, but that's up to you.

What do you think about these, and what, in your opinion, should generally be considered as the most successful, prosperous, flourishing, biggest in the game industry?

I have made my choice, and declare Mario owned by the reason I above described.

Around the Network

Pokemon, because it's the same goddamn formula every game with only more pokemon to catch and slightly updated graphics, and every game sells like crack...

The Anarchyz said:
Pokemon, because it's the same goddamn formula every game with only more pokemon to catch and slightly updated graphics, and every game sells like crack...

I can't believe you just said Pokémon. But it's OK. I guess all have their opinions.

Pokemon for the following reasons...
Games.
Trading Cards.
Anime.
Manga.
Films.
And probably countless other things ive missed on that list.

But i agree with the OP... The Sims is massive, imagine the sales for it if there was no Pirated games.
My list goes Pokemon > Sims > Mario

successful mario
popular def not sims, pokemon because of show and games

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Around the Network

way to ignore about 30 of the sims spin offs, mario is the most popular name in gaming.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Carl2291 said:
Pokemon for the following reasons...
Games.
Trading Cards.
Anime.
Manga.
Films.
And probably countless other things ive missed on that list.

But i agree with the OP... The Sims is massive, imagine the sales for it if there was no Pirated games.
My list goes Pokemon > Sims > Mario

OK, just as you know, I mainly talk about super blockbusters in gaming. Did Pokémon start as a game, does anyone know?

"The Sims? Two games and over 100 million already.
About 20+ expansion packs help.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Cougarman said:
way to ignore about 30 of the sims spin offs, mario is the most popular name in gaming.

Agree on the character Mario, but The Sims series, I believe, is so many times more successful than the Mario franchise it's ridiculous.

By the time a fourth Sims game will have hit the market, the series will have sold more than 150 million units, closing in on the 200-games Mario.

TheSoldier00 said:
Cougarman said:

Agree on the character Mario, but The Sims series, I believe, is so many times more successful than the Mario franchise it's ridiculous.

By the time a fourth Sims game will have hit the market, the series will have sold more than 150 million units, closing in on the 200-games Mario.

it is more popular as a game too, if you just look at the sales of first sims game on PC/GC/PS2 combined is outsold by super mario bros 3 on nes and GBA combined, i am not counting add-on sales or mario spin-offs here just one game against another.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434