By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Of everyone who bashes Lair, who has actually played it?

ChichiriMuyo said:

twestern, do you know what critical means there? It means I do want to hear from people who think the game is bad. What I want to hear isn't the problems the game has, I want to hear what people felt about the game before playing and how much time it took them to make a decision they were satisfied with.

It doesn't take a full review to do that, and in fact the first line of Rocket Pig's review indicates that he had high expectations. So while he had a full review, which I read, I actually got my question answer with only the first line. He, in essence, said: "I expected good, got bad."

But what I see from a lot of other people is that they expected bad and got it. I don't care about people's self-fulfilling prophesies. If you went into the experience without any belief that you were going to have a good time, say so. Let me know if your opinion is biased beyond the game's reach or because of it (such as in the case of Rocket Pig).

Because, let's be honest, a lot of people here wanted to hate this game. I'll tell you up front, there are games I want to hate before I even play them. That being the case, I'm pretty much never going to bring my opinion about, say, Halo 3 into a thread and throw it down like it has any merit. Why? Because it's not the kind of game I would like to begin with, so my opinion of it is tainted.

And those are the exact sort of opinons I want to avoid here. I don't care if you like it or hate it. I will, in all liklihood, never even bother playing it. What I'm looking for is how people came to their decision.

Please show me where a large amount of PS3 owners that had low expectations for this game before the reviews started coming out.  Pretty much every PS3 fan had high expectations for this game because, as I said, it was one of those miraculous games that was supposed to make the PS3 sales sky rocket and the next gen domination would truly begin. 

Around the Network

Please show me a large amount of PS3 owners...

But, really, you're just avoiding the point again.  I don't care if the game is good or bad.  I care if people who like flying games thinks it's a bad representative of the genre, and I care if people who don't like those sort of games are spreading their opinion around as if that factor had no influence on them.  I'm interested far more in how people are coming to this conclusion, not which factors they take issue with.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

akuma587 said:
This thread is just obscene. If you have not played the game, then just be quiet. He is asking for opinions of people who have played the game.

Then we would have a grand total of 3 posts.

I'm still talking because somebody DID play the game and DID tell this guy what he thought, but then he went anal, trying to get the exact right words out of the guy.  He said the game sucked, what more do you want?  Do you want him to say, "I was expecting this game to be bad, but not this bad" or "I was hoping this game would be fun"?  What does it matter?  The end product is what matters.  The guy in this thread that actually played the game said it sucked...but instead tells him "I don't need a review. I didn't ask for a review. I asked: Did you like it, do you normally like these kind of games, what were you expecting from this game, and how long did you play it? That's not a review. That's a survey."

If ChichiriMuyo would actually treat us like equals, like fellow human beings, we might actually care.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@Chi:
Well last time i checked 4.56million was a big number...

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

akuma587 said:
Surprise, surprise, the Wii people trolling this thread which specifically asks for someone who has played the game have not played it.

I own the game, it came in the mail 2 days ago, but I have been too busy to sit down and play it yet. Tonight I will give it a spin and let you know what my initial impressions are.

I would think trolling is better defined in a thread such as this by an individual ignoring everything that is public knowledge about said game for the sake of defending that game against what they feel to be an attack on Sony/Ps3/the Hardcore movement.  

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:
Please show me a large amount of PS3 owners...

http://sonyprotectiongroup.com/
http://europs3forum.com/
http://thesixthaxis.com/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/
http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/
http://www.ps3informer.com/
http://www.ps3blab.com/

Go bother people at any or all of those places, I'm sure they'll like you better. 

Well, I guess my question is, what kind of information or insight are you hoping to glean here that the many reviews out there (good, bad and mediocre) did not provide.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Could you figure out what you really want to know, because it seems like it keeps changing with peoples responses. In the first post there was no mention about "people who like flying games, and what the think of lair as it compares to other games in this genre"?!!?

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Well, friedtofu, as I've said about a dozen times I'm hoping to figure out how people thought through the decision making process. I can read how bad the game is for hours, but what I can't read is whether the reviewer was upset about getting instead of anothe or if he spent a good deal of time on it or if he doesn't like flying games to begin with.

Whether or not someone likes the game itself irrelevant. Whether or not they like the genre is. The time it took to make the decision (which for some people is 0 playtime) is important. A number grade or complaints about specific issues in the game are not.

WEW, you need to read my opening post again.  It says, quite clearly (since I'm quoting): "If you thought it was bad, please indicate whether or not you went into the experience with high hopes or low hopes and whether or not you would enjoy this type of game if the experience would have been improved."  That's asking people if they like flying games.  The question hasn't changed since the first post, I'm just trying to put it in words that others can actually comprehend. 

I realize that most people are not reading the actual question and understanding it.  If it was clearly understood, people would have actually answerd it.  Re-wording what I've stated in an attempt to get people to answer the actual questions doesn't change them.