By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should SONY extend there warranty?

It isn't a large problem.

People just trying to find faults with the PS3. Ofcourse some consoles will break, but this is no-where near the scale of the RRoD. Stop trying to make it look like that, it's pathetic.

Around the Network
puffy said:
Xxain said:
^ ithought it was 3.7 % or somethin.....i konw the Wii was 0.01% though

PS3 and Wii have fairly similar failure rates last time I heard which was around 2 - 3%

both the wii and ps3 have 2-3% mainly disc lasers, drive motor, or something burning inside.

Sony is a reliable company... so i guess they should not...
but you can buy extended warranty on the shop
if YLOD occurs outside the Sony's warranty(1-year)
lets say about a month after the expiration... you can still
send the ps3 for repairs for free to Sony... just call them...

but if its long overdue... your doom... you have to pay for the repairs!

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

Yay for required two year warranty in this country ^^

And it's as some people have said:

Sony and Nintendo fall within the acceptable range of 3% malfunctions, which means they have not had any significant problems with their machines. Of course, within those errors, some will occur more frequently than others.

With the xbox on the other hand: 1) MS confirmed (very late on) that there was a known problem with the 360 but they launched it anyway 2) retailers then admitted in 2007 that the failrate was near 30% 3) MS later confirmed that the failrate had now dropped, but didn't say what the number was then 4) They claim somewhere around "5 %".

Considering all that, if MS is telling the truth with that 5% then they fall outside of the accepted norm and need to rectify that situation for their own image and to keep their customers happy, especially with the backlash of the RROD still in mind.

Well, Sony do offer this in the UK...
https://continuousplay.co.uk/Default.aspx

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Spankey said:

now thats good for UK

i like your sig! wahahahaha

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

-Newcloud- said:
im asking because the YLOD (yellow light of death) is somewhat more of a problem then people think... ive been to other game forums and seen multiple thread on how to fix it because there warranty has expired and ive just read microsoft has extended there warranty for the error E74 which isnt as bad as there RROD but they still did it. the ps3 is a 399euro console with a failure problem i think the ps3 warranty should extend to 3 years aswell.

How dare you?!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The instore guarantees in the UK are total rubbish and should be banned.

If you read the small print they will happily replace a defunct machine. ONCE

After that your on your own. The guarantee is null and void.

You are much better off financially to just chance your arm.

Spankey said:

Funnily enough I just signed up for that.  On my third PS3 (two died with the yellow light!) and Sony informed me I was now outside warranty when recieving the third so I decided this was a better option that potentially having to fork out a lot of money if number 3 goes belly up.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Kantor said:
-Newcloud- said:
im asking because the YLOD (yellow light of death) is somewhat more of a problem then people think... ive been to other game forums and seen multiple thread on how to fix it because there warranty has expired and ive just read microsoft has extended there warranty for the error E74 which isnt as bad as there RROD but they still did it. the ps3 is a 399euro console with a failure problem i think the ps3 warranty should extend to 3 years aswell.

How dare you?!

lol i see what you did there XD