By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should SONY extend there warranty?

if people were smart they would have got a warranty with the store also

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

GAMES,BLU-TOOTH,BLU-RAY,MEDIA SERVER,PHOTOS,MUSIC,BROWSER,DVD,REMOTE PLAY,PSN

LIFE WITH PLAYSTATION

Around the Network
dznutz23 said:
if people were smart they would have got a warranty with the store also

ya.. like the ones they sell at Circuit City...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Never even heard of this issue before. Don't think it's that widespread to warrant a complete extension of warranties

Feylic said:
Never even heard of this issue before. Don't think it's that widespread to warrant a complete extension of warranties

You've never heard of PS3's breaking before?  True, the PS3 break down have some clever name like the 360's since it doesn't happen nearly as often as the launch 360's or PS2's but it does happen to a good number of people.

Yeah good idea extend the warranty. The failure rate is like 1%

Around the Network
Dr.KennethNoisewater said:
Yeah good idea extend the warranty. The failure rate is like 1%

the failure rate must be higher then that

^ ithought it was 3.7 % or somethin.....i konw the Wii was 0.01% though

twesterm said:
Feylic said:

You've never heard of PS3's breaking before?  True, the PS3 break down have some clever name like the 360's since it doesn't happen nearly as often as the launch 360's or PS2's but it does happen to a good number of people.

Bolded the important part :D

Of course PS3's breakdown, every electronic device (or anything really) ever made has a chance of breaking down. It just doesn't seem that big of an issue to neccesitate an extended warranty.

Well they should extend warranty - it's laughtable when they give you only 1 year on ps3 while the EU law forces shops to accept repairs for all devices sold to consumers during initial 2 years after sale.

And I bet shops aren't too happy.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Xxain said:
^ ithought it was 3.7 % or somethin.....i konw the Wii was 0.01% though

PS3 and Wii have fairly similar failure rates last time I heard which was around 2 - 3%