By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - For those of you buying FFXIII on the 360...

Resident Evil 5 sold better on PS3.
Street Fighter IV sold better on PS3.

Final Fantasy XIII will sell better on PS3.

IF some PS360 owners want to buy FFXIII on x360, then they will, it`s their choice.

Will x360 version be really inferior to PS3? ONLY time will tell, BUT even then, IF people want to buy inferior version, it`s their choice.
Just like some PS360 owners (maybe) were buying some PS3 multiplatform games in 2007, which were inferior at some point.

However, i expect PS3 version to sell 2 times better, than x360 even in NA. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

^ He's baaaaaaaaaack!

badgenome said:
^ He's baaaaaaaaaack!

I know! Isn't it great!

His posting is already better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CrazzyMan said:

IF some PS360 owners want to buy FFXIII on x360, then they will, it`s their choice.

Will x360 version be really inferior to PS3? ONLY time will tell, BUT even then, IF people want to buy inferior version, it`s their choice.
Just like some PS360 owners (maybe) were buying some PS3 multiplatform games in 2007, which were inferior at some point.

the man himself is back

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Cueil said:
KillerMan said:
Hopefully they use extra space on Blu-Ray to give us dual audio. Then it is no brainer to me which version I will buy.

And if the English version is Workingdesigns quality what then?  Will your mind be torn asunder by the superior English VO?

Then I will use english voices because I was talking about dual audio. Though I haven't seen anime or JRPG with better english voice acting than original japanese and I really can't see how this would be excepction.

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
Megadude said:
Huh? Get FF 13 on 360? I don't know what all this madness is about teh 360 controller being better. More colorful perhaps but batteries are wack. "Oh noes I need moar batteries," *grabs* dildo* "good thing I have a few spare".

Some people, they prefer DVD over bluray. Usually, they are people who don't own a bluray player. For the rest of us who enjoy 7.1 surround and the option of not disk swapping, well, we'll be playing the PS3 version of the game.

"But disk swapping was ok in 1997"

Yes it was and so were the spice girls.

Love it :P  So true.  Well if your a FF fan you'd be getting ff13 vs! So why have it on both systems.  JRPG's are going to be a dying breed on the 360 once the ps3 starts pumping out JRpg's.

I agree 100% that JRPG's are a dying breed, but I think they're a dying breed on all consoles.  I bet in a few years they will go the way of the point and click adventures.

Skeeuk said:

although 360 version may have to be tuned down in places like textures audio and cg cutscenes. the game will be the same imo. it all depends on how many dvd`s will be in use.

lost oddessey took 4, and with ff13 looking the much larger game i highly doubt it will be over 4. either way 360 fans should be happy as there getting the same game.

Actually, the 360 is better at textures than the PS3 and CG cut scenes don't take any processing power.

halil23 said:
twesterm said:
Skeeuk said:

although 360 version may have to be tuned down in places like textures audio and cg cutscenes. the game will be the same imo. it all depends on how many dvd`s will be in use.

lost oddessey took 4, and with ff13 looking the much larger game i highly doubt it will be over 4. either way 360 fans should be happy as there getting the same game.

Actually, the 360 is better at textures than the PS3 and CG cut scenes don't take any processing power.

Do you have a time machine???

He's a developer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CrazzyMan said:

Who wants to bet on how long he lasts until banned again.  I'm going to say he will be gone before the end of the week, any takers?

outlawauron said:
halil23 said:
twesterm said:
Skeeuk said:

Do you have a time machine???

He's a developer.

Do all developers have time machines or something?