By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - For those of you buying FFXIII on the 360...

I own both consoles and I will likely buy the 360 version for the following reasons:

1) High quality 1080i upscaling. 720p does not look good on my 1080i native TV. The PS3 version *may* support high quality upscaling through software, but many PS3 games only support low quality upscaling, while others don't support upscaling at all.

2) Rumble support. Again this *may* be supported by the PS3 version, but then again it may not.

3) No sixaxis nonsense.

4) The 360 version will likely look/perform a little better. PC based cross-platform titles always do, and I see no reason why this game would be any different.

Though I may reconsider if I have to swap discs while backtracking, like in Star Ocean 4.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
  1. bluRay disc-- doesn't matter for the game itself?  The 360 verion might come on multiple discs, but meh.  Not really a big deal.
  2. Better Audio-- only better if you have 7.1 and the game supports 7.1
  3. What does FFvXIII have to do with it?
  4. Doesn't mean it will be better

So yeah, I guess my answer is why not?  None of your "points" are really valid except if you have 7.1 (which I don't) and it supports 7.1.

If I end up getting the game, I'll just get it for whichever one is better.  You can assume all you want that the PS3 version is better, but there's no way to know until the game is actually released.

-edit-

And assuming both will be the same or about the same quality (because I truly believe they will be), I would probably get the 360 version because I prefer the 360 controller and achievements.  And I know, the PS3 has trophies, but I just don't like collecting trophies nearly as much as collecting achievements.

They are the SAME exact thing pretty much..

To the person that doesn't care about trophies and achievements, they are the same thing.  To the person that does, well, they're still pretty much the same thing, but I still prefer achievements.

Why do I like achievements more?

1. I would rather have 7000 points than be level 3
  2. Trophies are confusing -- what the fuck does level 3 mean and how do I get there? 
  3. I have a better idea of a person by looking at someone's gamerscore.

Anyone can argue those points but whatever, those are my reasons and I don't really give a crap about your opinions.

Although I love multiple disks (IDK why...nostalgia perhaps?), I'll still get the PS3 version.
I won't buy a 360 just to play FFXIII on multiple disks.
After all is said and done, I can see the PS3 version selling better than the X360 version; mainly due to the Japan effect, but largely due to what I see in games such as RE5 in Others where the franchise is historically established (FFVII-FFXII + PSP ports and games)on the Playstation.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

mrstickball said:
That optional 360 HDD install is gonna make the 360 version fly like a fighter jet....So I think that, even if I wanted the best FFXIII possible, I'd go with the 360 version.

Just like Halo 3, right? Lol, and the PS3 is so quiet that you can't even hear anything. How can you run quieter than that?

outlawauron said:
WarmachineX said:
1. Faster loading times
2. Better controller
3. Achievements >>trophies
4. The 360 is the place for JRPGS this gen

What?! Point #1 is completely invalid as the game hasn't even released!

Points #2-4 are complete opinion!

Why does it matter if they are opinion? The OP was asking for the reasoning of individuals. That is naturally going to be based on opinion.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

neerdowell said:

Why? Besides those of you who only have a 360, this makes no sense to me. I see no clear advantage in doing so; I could see this on some games where the ps3 version was technically inferior as is the case sometimes, but in all likelyhood, since XIII has been in development for 5+ years on the ps3 and will supposedly be ported in only a year to the 360 I don't think this will be the case. Now, I'm not saying that the 360 version will be inferior; that remains to be seen. What I am saying is that in the best case scenario, there is no advantage to owning the 360 version over the ps3. In fact, even though the advantages would be small, the advantage still lies with the ps3:

1 blu-ray disc
ps3 has better audio
versus still exclusive (though likely not unfortunately)
ps3 lead development (that is going to be an awfully big game to port in such a small amount of time and get everything sound, especially if you're dividing your staff among the localization as well)

Even if i had a PS3 i'd get the 360 version for achievements, unless the 360 version was gimmped in some way.

If I had PS3, I would buy this for 360.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Megadude said:
LordMatrix said:
BenVTrigger said:

I am for the following reasons

1. 360 is my lead system
2. I care about achievements alot more than trophies (though I admit they are pretty much the same I have a beastly gamerscore so I like boosting that)
3. I think no third party should make console exsclusives so I'm supporting them for the multi-plat                         
4. What can I say at the end of the day I love PS3 but the Xbox more so thats where my support is going when given the option.

5.  I like the 360 controller alot more.

You know I would have to agree for some reason ps3 trophies just don't feel the same as earning 360 achievements. i know the concept is the same they just feel like their setup pefectly on 360. i like earning trophies on my ps3 but whenever i get them its just not the same feeling. Can't wait to earn some final fantasy 13 achievements :D

You better like achievements moar, you paid for that shit. LOL!

Wow , did you honestly say that we pay for acheivements? Have you even seen a 360?

I reckon he's been too busy trolling it to have seen one.

I really don't see any need for another discussion like this. 99% of the people have only one of the consoles anyway and until one of the two versions has confirmed quality issues there's no reason whatsoever to choose one over another.

I always have to chuckle when Sony fans, who often (rightfully so) claim FFVII to be one of the best games ever, complain about disc swapping.

Megadude said:
LordMatrix said:
BenVTrigger said:

I am for the following reasons

1. 360 is my lead system
2. I care about achievements alot more than trophies (though I admit they are pretty much the same I have a beastly gamerscore so I like boosting that)
3. I think no third party should make console exsclusives so I'm supporting them for the multi-plat                         
4. What can I say at the end of the day I love PS3 but the Xbox more so thats where my support is going when given the option.

5.  I like the 360 controller alot more.

You know I would have to agree for some reason ps3 trophies just don't feel the same as earning 360 achievements. i know the concept is the same they just feel like their setup pefectly on 360. i like earning trophies on my ps3 but whenever i get them its just not the same feeling. Can't wait to earn some final fantasy 13 achievements :D

You better like achievements moar, you paid for that shit. LOL!

Of course I like them more did you not even read what I wrote. As I've said trophies do nothing for me. Oh and whats this shit I paid for I only pay for what is worth my money in my own opinion if you don't like xbox 360 wii or playstation 3 whichever you meant as being shit I paid for then thats your own loss.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad