By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who actually believes that GT series IS more popular than Halo series.

RPG said:
I really cannot understand why people think GT5 will not sell as much as GT4 ala 10 million. First flagship GT this generation therefore first time we see online etc yet people think it will not do GT4 numbers, it's just crazy thinking. So many games this generation have outsold others from the same franchsie despite having a smaller userbase.

GT5 is going to be huge, better people accepted it now insteat of 5 years time when the damn thing finally releases. -_-

Now let's not compare apples to oranges.........will Forza 3 outsell GT5 in NA?

I think people don't doubt GT franchise ability to sell 10 million... more along the lines of ps3s ability to actually have enough userbase to support it. Can you exactly name games this generation that have outsold previous franchise without using COD4, because for every title you would name, I bet you will find 5 titles that did not.

Also Forza 3 might outsell... if bundled.

Around the Network
mtofu said:
Though it saddens me to say it, I'm leaning towards Halo being more popular and Halo 3 outselling GT 5.

Why do you want to boycott capcom?....that's so wierd....

Any way Gran Turismo is Pre Burn Out...and im sure you all remember when Burn Out came and made all other racing games look bad....I honestly dont think that anyone outside of the fanboyism club of sony will care about GT5....it's just that lame...

I suspect GT5 will sell enough to keep the GT franchise a fair bit ahead of Halo franchise in terms of total global sales.

The only real threat to GT5 is PS3 install base rather than the potential user base.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

we have to wait for gt5 you know why?
Because what i know the game wil have around 800cars in HD al with car damage.......what more you want for a race game?
its perfect.. as for halo.....hmmm..perfect.....it made people see that a fps can be done on a console... thats all..

I remember someone telling me GT3 was released on a userbase far lower than what GT5 will release on. GT3 was bundled but then again GT5 will be bundles, these big games always have insane attach ratios.

If userbase was everything GT4 should have sold 40 million but did not due to it being the second flagship GT game in the same generation. Prologue has probably already paid for most of GT5's development, GT5 should at most after 1 million sales be pure profit.

Edit - In terms of total sales Halo has 32 million say if every flagship game sold 10 million........GT already has 50 million, Halo will not take that over any time soon but ODST will easilt put it at 40 million.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
seece said:
PDF said:
WW = GT
America = Halo

Halo 3 Others > GT4 America

GT closely following.

So if GT is popular in America Halo is popular in Others

Gran Tursimo has lots of popularity in Japan and Others as well. Why is Japan always ignored in these discussions?

GT in Japan ranges from 1 - 3 million, if you think it can do anywhere near 3 million in Japan whent he userbase has just hit that number then Id like some of what you're smoking.

migasuk said:
BxN said:
haxxiy said:
Halo is more popular on North America, and that's it.
Gran Turismo everywhere else.

Exactly.

Halo certainly has the edge right now, considering how we haven't had a real GT game in so long, but it might change once GT 5 finally arrives.

I think Forza 3 will sell more than GT5, so I believe GT5 is already lagging behind!!!

lol! Too funny!

GT has always been bigger than Halo and still is.

If GT 5 gets owned and only sells ~7 million then I may reconsider.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The said:
One more thing :

GT is arguably THE best racing franchise.

Halo is NOT considered the best FPS.

Forza is the best racing franchise and halo the best fps. :O

Halo has surpassed GT as the biggest franchise on HD consoles.

I perdict Halo 3 will sell 12 million copies lifetime, and Halo 4 will sell 15 million copies.

Gran Turismo is stil a huge franchise though. I perdict GT5 will sell 7.5 million copies.

Acevil said:
RPG said:
I really cannot understand why people think GT5 will not sell as much as GT4 ala 10 million. First flagship GT this generation therefore first time we see online etc yet people think it will not do GT4 numbers, it's just crazy thinking. So many games this generation have outsold others from the same franchsie despite having a smaller userbase.

GT5 is going to be huge, better people accepted it now insteat of 5 years time when the damn thing finally releases. -_-

Now let's not compare apples to oranges.........will Forza 3 outsell GT5 in NA?

I think people don't doubt GT franchise ability to sell 10 million... more along the lines of ps3s ability to actually have enough userbase to support it. Can you exactly name games this generation that have outsold previous franchise without using COD4, because for every title you would name, I bet you will find 5 titles that did not.

Also Forza 3 might outsell... if bundled.

Forza 3 has absolutely 0% chance of outselling GT5.  I repeat, 0%.  Quote me on that, write it in stone, you're out of your mind.  You clearly need a break from this website.

Forza 3 has no chance.