By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Sony PSP trend? Retail Patapon 2 rumored to be UMD-free

Xen said:
makingmusic476 said:
They better not. >=(

I can download it easily enough, but I'm a collector. I want my game.

You said it

That's what I'm scared of.  Let's just hope digital downloads never take off to that degree.  Imagine no physical media!

Around the Network

Then whats the point of buying it in retail for $20, if you can get it off the same place yout going to download it from for $15?

mM
leo-j said:
Then whats the point of buying it in retail for $20, if you can get it off the same place yout going to download it from for $15?

Retailers have to make some money.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NYANKS said:
Xen said:
makingmusic476 said:
They better not. >=(

You said it

That's what I'm scared of.  Let's just hope digital downloads never take off to that degree.  Imagine no physical media!

That's why I hope that any way of digital destribution/games on demand will choke in its infancy.

I like the idea of offering both, with the download being cheaper. The idea of it being in stores with a code for the download seems....wierd.

I really like the idea of downloadable games for the PSP, though. It's one less thing to carry around for your "portable" gaming device. Granted, UMD's are tiny, but it's still nice.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
They better not. >=(

Yup.

I think a good idea would be to offer the game on the store and also on Memory stick instead of UMD as the loading times would be a lot less, the battery would last longer since the UMD drive would not be used and the games could also become cheaper and less piracy if done correctly!

Hasn't the UMD already been released?

I really doubt this is true. They should offer a UMD install option as well meaning there are no UMD load times, but they are still needed to prevent copying