By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Carnival games sequal most anticipated wii game of 2009

jellyfishprince said:
BTFeather55 said:
Dark Chaos said:
It seems PS360 fans are jealous they don't have games like Carnival games and Madworld all in one console. Theres a reason why the Wii is the best selling console because it has best variety of games.

We've got games like Carnival Games ie. games like Haze, Lair, Infinite Undiscovery, and Too Human that also have sub 70 Metacritic scores.  And we also have games better than Madworld like Bioshock, Fallout 3, Both Gears of War, Halo 3, MGS 4, Oblivion, The Orange Box, and GTA IV which the Wii could never hope to duplicate.

none of those games are like carnival games! sorry to say but ps3/xbox360 cannot handle games like carnival games because of the motion sensing data processin that only the wii can produce in real time tracking device. please you can say you have other games I will agree but you will never have Carnival Gams.

Which is a good thing, since a lot of PS360 owners don't care about games like that. If you want to play CG, you can always buy a console which will be getting a lot of games like that. :)

Around the Network
jellyfishprince said:
BTFeather55 said:
Dark Chaos said:
It seems PS360 fans are jealous they don't have games like Carnival games and Madworld all in one console. Theres a reason why the Wii is the best selling console because it has best variety of games.

We've got games like Carnival Games ie. games like Haze, Lair, Infinite Undiscovery, and Too Human that also have sub 70 Metacritic scores.  And we also have games better than Madworld like Bioshock, Fallout 3, Both Gears of War, Halo 3, MGS 4, Oblivion, The Orange Box, and GTA IV which the Wii could never hope to duplicate.

none of those games are like carnival games! sorry to say but ps3/xbox360 cannot handle games like carnival games because of the motion sensing data processin that only the wii can produce in real time tracking device. please you can say you have other games I will agree but you will never have Carnival Gams.

There's a reason I don't have a game like Carnival Games and that is because it is a 56.  I don't have time for that.  Now if it was Madworld an 83 on Wii or No More Heroes an 86 (30 points better than CG) or games like Monster Hunter G or Fatal Frame IV or a new Earthbound, yeah I could find time for them on Wii.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

It was fun for like a week when me and my friends partied straight for a week. After that it was repetitive and boring. No where near MGS4 in my book but you are free to your opinion. As expected not every game is for everyone and to me it feels like a cheap substitute as I rather go to a real carnival.

As for being anywhere near MGS4 in overall ratings I don't think so. It is fact that it is no where close but in your opinion it my be really great for you. It may also be you most anticipated game of the year but for many it is not. Anticipated games usually sell high launch numbers where this game will just sell decent numbers for months and months.

Gameranking

59.21% Overall Rank: 7464
Wii Rank: 242
2007 Games Rank: 765
2007 Wii Rank: 76
Score based on 24 reviews

Description

Carnival Games feature 25 popular games from classic carnivals, including Clown Splash, Milk Can Toss, Nerves of Steel, Lucky Cups, Hoops, Day at the Races and Dunk Tank. Players can win over 250 upgradeable prizes ranging from a goldfish to giant stuffed animals. Character-customizing items like a pirate's wardrobe and a Viking helmet are also there to be won. The game features a fortune teller who reveals a player's fate for a price.
Release Date: August 28, 2007

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

I cant believe Wii fans are hyping this garbage...I mean come on! get hyped for a new Zelda, Mario or something of AAA quality not this,....

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

BTFeather55 said:
jellyfishprince said:
BTFeather55 said:
Dark Chaos said:

We've got games like Carnival Games ie. games like Haze, Lair, Infinite Undiscovery, and Too Human that also have sub 70 Metacritic scores. And we also have games better than Madworld like Bioshock, Fallout 3, Both Gears of War, Halo 3, MGS 4, Oblivion, The Orange Box, and GTA IV which the Wii could never hope to duplicate.

There's a reason I don't have a game like Carnival Games and that is because it is a 56. I don't have time for that. Now if it was Madworld an 83 on Wii or No More Heroes an 86 (30 points better than CG) or games like Monster Hunter G or Fatal Frame IV or a new Earthbound, yeah I could find time for them on Wii.

There's a reason why he's being sarcastic and you being a troll.

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:
jellyfishprince said:
BTFeather55 said:
Dark Chaos said:

There's a reason I don't have a game like Carnival Games and that is because it is a 56.  I don't have time for that.  Now if it was Madworld an 83 on Wii or No More Heroes an 86 (30 points better than CG) or games like Monster Hunter G or Fatal Frame IV or a new Earthbound, yeah I could find time for them on Wii.

You know, you shouldn't have to rely on other people's opinion to make up your mind. You can just say that Carnival Games isn't your cup of tea but the fact is that this game has been designed for people that want fun easy to play mini-games.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

sorry for asking.. but are you a boy or a girl? No offence

Samus Aran said:
BTFeather55 said:
jellyfishprince said:
BTFeather55 said:
Dark Chaos said:

We've got games like Carnival Games ie. games like Haze, Lair, Infinite Undiscovery, and Too Human that also have sub 70 Metacritic scores. And we also have games better than Madworld like Bioshock, Fallout 3, Both Gears of War, Halo 3, MGS 4, Oblivion, The Orange Box, and GTA IV which the Wii could never hope to duplicate.

There's a reason I don't have a game like Carnival Games and that is because it is a 56. I don't have time for that. Now if it was Madworld an 83 on Wii or No More Heroes an 86 (30 points better than CG) or games like Monster Hunter G or Fatal Frame IV or a new Earthbound, yeah I could find time for them on Wii.

There's a reason why he's being sarcastic and you being a troll.

No, I don't think you really want to see me in lipstick.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

3. Wii: Carnival Games (2007) 56

1. Playstation 3: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008) 94

Yup, rated close.

Also, that site you linked gave Carnival Games a 9

Deadly Creatures a 10.

Tomb Raider Wii a 9.

Shawn White Wii a 10.

Not to mention they have Wii Fit in the "First-Person Shooter" category.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I don't know how anticipated Carnival Games 2 would be any way. Most of the people that picked up the first one due to Nintendo's blue ocean strategy probably don't even know Carnival Games 2 is coming out. It's doubtful that they even know Wii Sports Resort and Motion + (both of which are probably much more anticipated in '09 than CG 2) are coming out this year as well.

Heavens to Murgatoids.