By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Carnival games sequal most anticipated wii game of 2009

Many games across the world were disappointed when Take Two decided that it would halt producton of the much-anticipated wii sequal to Carnival Games due to:

"We saw the original title was a big success, and we had the developers [Cat Daddy] thinking down the line for the brand," said 2K Play marketing director Christina Recchio. "So there will be a 'Carnival Games 2,' but when that is, I can't say that right now. We just have to assess the market and see when the right time is to release the title." What does this mean? Well, that they won't need to rush development on the sequel so long as the first title keeps on selling."

That was in August 2008. Months later fans are wondering if carnival games 2 will finally hit the shelves as the most anticipated wii blockbuster of 2009.

to everyone that is anticipating the game like me I have some new information that is sure to delight:

-A proper sequel, "Carnival Games 2," is currently scheduled for late 2009, according to the website for Cat Daddy Games, the developer of all "Carnival" titles to date.

-http://www.n4g.com/Wii/games/g-187466.aspx has some more information and a page about the game

I personally am so excitd. I hope this thread shows people who were disappoint by lack of update that carnival games 2 will be on the wii midway through 2009? What does tha tmean? Summer of course! Expect to see the game arrive soon.

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Around the Network

palancas7 said:

you do realize that carnival games was one of the highest rated and selling games of 2008? in terms of mgs4 it was sold/rated about the same (carnival games sold over 3.5 million copies) so please do not waste replies on the forum saying nothing and giving no input because I will catch you on it and put you in the spot

It may have sold close to MGS, but it was not near the same overall review rating. It was somewhat close, though.

Anyway, will this actually be a sequel and not some crappy spin-off like mini-golf? I don't like crappy mario spin-offs and I wasn't crazy about Links Crossbow training. What I'm trying to say is that I don't take it nicely when my beloved franchises are are given low quality spin-offs. Carnival games was great and I want the sequel now! :D

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
It may have sold close to MGS, but it was not near the same overall review rating. It was somewhat close, though.

Anyway, will this actually be a sequel and not some crappy spin-off like mini-golf? I don't like crappy mario spin-offs and I wasn't crazy about Links Crossbow training. What I'm trying to say is that I don't take it nicely when my beloved franchises are are given low quality spin-offs. Carnival games was great and I want the sequel now! :D

yeah it was very close though. thanks I love the game too it one of the best next to wii sport. I hope they have spin off games but maybe not too many? carnival games: tennis and carnival games: fortune would be fun games.. they could really expand it in so many directions gosh! i truley recommend everyone to Play this game it is fun you can earn tickets get prizes play games and its all using your remote. I rate it 9.5 out of 10

Around the Network

....I'm sorry its because these type of titles do so well on the Wii is the reason Hardcore games don't come to the Wii.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
....I'm sorry its because these type of titles do so well on the Wii is the reason Hardcore games don't come to the Wii.

see its reply like these that make me sad because you are set up barrier on games saying it is not a game you would play. carnival game is hardcore it has shooting games, it has games where you punch, play thing slike basketballs and basebell kind of. all of these games are hardcore I do not understand. that is why they sell because people playt hem. this what wii is for please play it. You can get the game on eBay for cheap I guarentee you will love it. give it a try my son.

I'm not your son, and I have its absolutely crap! Id rather play Mario Party 3 again instead of this.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I doubt you have it an say it is crap. if you really have it tell me what are the bonus points for tell me now my child and I will reward you.. or punish you :)

Lol@ where this thread is headed.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light