By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Problems with the Prediction League?

Sorry if i missed the info, but as no thread seems to mention this, what's happening? No predictions at all this week, many past results (sometimes three weeks old) still missing... Is the prediction league officially dead, or is it soon goin' back to normal? I'm into it for many weeks now, and it has become a weekly ritual i really enjoy: do my predictions, discover the new weekly charts, and then the weekly league results... so, what's up ???

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

mrstickball is incharge of the league, he has been very busy during the past week,

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

OK, so i use this thread to worry once again: what's happening?

No predictions once again this week, some past results missing, and for the first time ever, the League isn't on the front page anymore...

Am i the only one who cares? I know we're only 40 or 50 to do regular predictions, but even so, it's still a nice weekly fun, and one of the nicest feature on vgchartz...

And even if Heidir seems to be unbeatable, i want to try my best in the last two months of the year, as some sales could be huge surprises, and give some predictions a welcomed boost... and it's the most interesting period of the year anyway!

C'mon, just tell me the League will be back soon... pliise... ;)

68soul said:
OK, so i use this thread to worry once again: what's happening?

No predictions once again this week, some past results missing, and for the first time ever, the League isn't on the front page anymore...

Am i the only one who cares? I know we're only 40 or 50 to do regular predictions, but even so, it's still a nice weekly fun, and one of the nicest feature on vgchartz...

And even if Heidir seems to be unbeatable, i want to try my best in the last two months of the year, as some sales could be huge surprises, and give some predictions a welcomed boost... and it's the most interesting period of the year anyway!

C'mon, just tell me the League will be back soon... pliise... ;)

I care also, but because I asked many times in the past about the predictions league I didn't want to be the one asking again. I think mrstickball is busy, and real life is more important than internet - so I dont die if the predictions league is missing one week. And Heidir isnt unbeatable. In ten gazillion years I will close the gap.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

i must admit that the prediction leage was the reason which made me to join the site, so i'm worried too

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

I care also, but because I asked many times in the past about the predictions league I didn't want to be the one asking again. I think mrstickball is busy, and real life is more important than internet - so I dont die if the predictions league is missing one week. And Heidir isnt unbeatable. In ten gazillion years I will close the gap.

Yeah, i think mrstickball must be too busy... or be afraid to loose his second place... 

Just kidding, but the fact it's not on the front page anymore was the main reason of my worry... if ioi, mrstickball or one of the mods could tell us a few words, just to know what's happening, it would be cool...

And about the gap... even if for me, it will "only" take ONE gazillion year...

Well, maybe we could close the 07' League by december 31, and restart the whole thing in 2008?

One other suggestion, btw: with the incredible amount of great releases till the end of the year, it would be cool to have a "double" prediction each week (US and Japan only, of course): 20 games, instead of 10 only...

If you read this, mrstickball... and if you have the time, of course... 

ioi said:
Prediction league is going to be overhauled completely in the next few weeks and replaced with a much bigger and better prediction league!

Thanks for the info Ioi!

ioi said:
Prediction league is going to be overhauled completely in the next few weeks and replaced with a much bigger and better prediction league!

Thanks for the info, ioi... you've answered just when i was writin' my last message... 

Can't wait for the new league, and the surprises comin' with it... i hope more site members will join us, it could be even more fun, and challenging...

ioi said:

Just a comment ioi...

It would have been nice if this was announced in your outage or even separately.  I know that only a small portion of users actually are in it, but for the most part I think they are the core users and that is a big reason why they visit the site.

ioi said:

Many thanks, I'm looking forward to it. The predictions league is the actual reason I made an account to this site. Great fun. And I have to thank you, that you constantly work on improvements to the site. I'm a programmer myself, but I also very lazy, and I know I already have said the site is good as it is and stopped working on it. You keep it up and make vgchartz a better experience. Many thanks for your big commitment.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]