By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Phantom Hourglass...no legs

Gelmer said:
Notice how after Lair utterly bombed people are now trying to hype the PSP once again? Remember the early days of the PS3 launch when things seemed really really bad? All people could talk about was the PSP.

Umm ,so your logic is that if a game on the PS3 fails , we speek about the PSP ... I dont get it . Also , just because its a fact that the PSP will proabbly have 2 really well selling game , it doesnt means that we want to cover the ,,bomb" that is Lair ... Please , your fanboyism got a bit to much out of the hand ... and man when I thaught that you will be a worthy oponent

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Gelmer said:
Notice how after Lair utterly bombed people are now trying to hype the PSP once again? Remember the early days of the PS3 launch when things seemed really really bad? All people could talk about was the PSP.

Umm ,so your logic is that if a game on the PS3 fails , we speek about the PSP ... I dont get it . Also , just because its a fact that the PSP will proabbly have 2 really well selling game , it doesnt means that we want to cover the ,,bomb" that is Lair ... Please , your fanboyism got a bit to much out of the hand ... and man when I thaught that you will be a worthy oponent

Just an observation, perhaps you're reading a bit too much into the matter. Sure good games are comming out for the PSP, but when a thread about a Ds game turns into a thread about the PSP, a certain desperation is evident. Also might I point out that choosing the PSP solely over the DS screams fanboy in itself, so spare me the lecture. And what you mean by opponent, were we chosen by destiny to be rivals? I swear, you Sony fans are so hostile.  

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Me hostile , look at my sweet :P sign at the end , isnt that enough ? Also , the only reason that this thread turned to PSP sales , is because once in the history of the DS somebody observed not rising , but declining software sales for a title , so why not pick on the guy ( PSP ) who has all the times declining sales , and start bashing him ... now of course that I will get overprotective then , why schouldent I ? Also , I have nothing against the DS , I like it much , but not enough to warant me a purchase though later on it could . I like the PSP , but reading your sig , I to can tell that you are a Nintendo fan ...

Oh rival is a bit to much , because you know , you need two of the same caliber people for that ... ( its a joke if you cant see so dont start bashing me and go : OMG where are teh m0ds ?! ) .

Lets look at how the Zelda franchise has sold in Japan.

PosNameConsolePublisherTotal
1The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of TimeN64Nintendo1,446,113
2The Legend of Zelda: Link To The PastSNESNintendo1,154,425
3The Legend of Zelda: Wind WakerGCNintendo885,536
4The Legend of Zelda: Phantom HourglassDSNintendo806,915
5The Legend of Zelda: Majoras MaskN64Nintendo732,738
6The Legend of Zelda: Links AwakeningGBNintendo536,229
7The Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessWiiNintendo515,870
8The Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening DXGBNintendo449,176
9The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of SeasonsGBNintendo413,936
10The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of AgesGBNintendo413,166
11The Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past / Four SwordsGBANintendo331,221
12The Legend of Zelda: The Minish CapGBANintendo267,650
13Famicom Mini 05 The Legend of ZeldaGBANintendo237,541
Total: 8,190,516

http://vgchartz.com/japtotals.php?name=zelda&maker=&console=

Phanotom Hourglass was released on June 23. I think it has sold quite well and it could possibly become the best selling Zelda game in Japan. 

hunter_alien said:
Me hostile , look at my sweet :P sign at the end , isnt that enough ? Also , the only reason that this thread turned to PSP sales , is because once in the history of the DS somebody observed not rising , but declining software sales for a title , so why not pick on the guy ( PSP ) who has all the times declining sales , and start bashing him ... now of course that I will get overprotective then , why schouldent I ? Also , I have nothing against the DS , I like it much , but not enough to warant me a purchase though later on it could . I like the PSP , but reading your sig , I to can tell that you are a Nintendo fan ...

Oh rival is a bit to much , because you know , you need two of the same caliber people for that ... ( its a joke if you cant see so dont start bashing me and go : OMG where are teh m0ds ?! ) .

I think everyone should check Rhonin the wizard's post. Zelda PH is the best selling portable Zelda game in Japan ever and 4th best selling Zelda of all time in Japan, SO FAR. I still don't understand the "declining sales for a title" and"no legs" arguements.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

But we are not talking about portable games , we are talking about the best selling portable , and cahnces are the best selling console of all . And seeing that zelda is one of the biggest titles of Nintendo IMO , the sales arent the best ...

hunter_alien said:
But we are not talking about portable games , we are talking about the best selling portable , and cahnces are the best selling console of all . And seeing that zelda is one of the biggest titles of Nintendo IMO , the sales arent the best ...

As you can see the Zelda series was never big in Japan.

Hunter_Alien, you should really try not trolling threads on topics you're not familiar with the game or its franchise that's being discussed. Perhaps you should do a little research on the frey of Zelda and see how things work in Japan. All I see is you trying to kid yourself that having two big selling portable games on the PSP somehow makes up for its embarassing software sales and nothing-to-brag-about game library. It was cute of you to try and come in this thread and act as if you'd stolen the show though, lol, but let's face it with Lair down the gutter and Crisis Core comming out what better time for you Sony fans "on the go" to start fluffing your dreams about the PSP actually making a comeback.

Pity these two "best selling evar" games aren't enough to instill faith in the major third party support outside of those already committed to it (Konami & S-E) and Capcom is just going with the flow in regards to Monster Hunter, they've already announced that they've all but abandoned development for the "dissapointing" PSP. It's not about how much money they make on a game they put on the console, its about how much money they've lost on other titles they've tried to put on the handheld. It's a dead fish. And while you're looking at two games that might sell the best this year on the PSP, I'm sorry to inform you that the DS is still beating the pants off it in over all hardware and software sales, and why is that? Ah yes, game selection. The DS doesn't need blockbuster hits to brag about when it has such number, variety and quality of titles. "Oh wait, did he say quality? But I thought the PSP had more quality?" Well I'm sure you Sony fans are fond of equating "less games to more quality per game", not "less games to a failing system".

The PSP is not winning handheld of the year with these titles, its staving off death and at the very least reminding us all that it still exists. Cant' wait for the PSP2, you know, as a cell phone, always wondered why the PSP wasn't more like the N-Gage, lol.

Might I also remind you that the best selling handheld game this year is on the DS, Pokemon. But that doesn't matter now does it, at least not to someone trying to convince themselves the PSP actually has a future.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

NintendoTogepi said:

According to VGChartz, PH has sold only 770,000 copies in Japan. For a Nintendo made DS game that's very low, and it doesn't seem to be selling too much anymore. (I think it'll only sell like 150,000 or so more in it's lifetime)

Dude wtf the game was only released 2 months ago, and don't forget the christmas boost. Also, saying that the series is dead is just blatant trolling. I guess that going by your logic the Metal Gear series is also dead.

Gelmer said:
Hunter_Alien, you should really try not trolling threads on topics you're not familiar with the game or its franchise that's being discussed. Perhaps you should do a little research on the frey of Zelda and see how things work in Japan. All I see is you trying to kid yourself that having two big selling portable games on the PSP somehow makes up for its embarassing software sales and nothing-to-brag-about game library. It was cute of you to try and come in this thread and act as if you'd stolen the show though, lol, but let's face it with Lair down the gutter and Crisis Core comming out what better time for you Sony fans "on the go" to start fluffing your dreams about the PSP actually making a comeback.

Pity these two "best selling evar" games aren't enough to instill faith in the major third party support outside of those already committed to it (Konami & S-E) and Capcom is just going with the flow in regards to Monster Hunter, they've already announced that they've all but abandoned development for the "dissapointing" PSP. It's not about how much money they make on a game they put on the console, its about how much money they've lost on other titles they've tried to put on the handheld. It's a dead fish. And while you're looking at two games that might sell the best this year on the PSP, I'm sorry to inform you that the DS is still beating the pants off it in over all hardware and software sales, and why is that? Ah yes, game selection. The DS doesn't need blockbuster hits to brag about when it has such number, variety and quality of titles. "Oh wait, did he say quality? But I thought the PSP had more quality?" Well I'm sure you Sony fans are fond of equating "less games to more quality per game", not "less games to a failing system".

The PSP is not winning handheld of the year with these titles, its staving off death and at the very least reminding us all that it still exists. Cant' wait for the PSP2, you know, as a cell phone, always wondered why the PSP wasn't more like the N-Gage, lol.

Might I also remind you that the best selling handheld game this year is on the DS, Pokemon. But that doesn't matter now does it, at least not to someone trying to convince themselves the PSP actually has a future.

Temper , temper . I know that the PSP didnt do far as well as Sony was expecting , but what can I do , I like the system , shoot me if you want . I know that it has no chance of winning the war , not since March 06 at least . Also I find it ironic that on the handheld front among top 3 of this years seller will be 2 PSP titles . Also , I know that the PSP wont win , but will it come back in a batter way ... Im certain of it . I rarely bealive in miracles , and I know that the PSP will be the last one to get one , but just because a system is not selling as good as its rival , It doesnt means its a flop ( who didnt loved the GC ). And untill there are games that sell well like CC and MHF the PSP will not fall out and not die , like that fish your talking about . And what I meant with Zelda , is that its a shame that Nintendos best is selling this weak in Japan , where less quality titles , like Nintendogs are selling out as soon as they hit shelves . Afther passing 20 million the PSP finally made itself a base , just enough for it to survive , and as some analists , I to bealive that the PSP will reach the 60 million one day . Not good software sales ... maybe , but I dont see game announcements stopping for the PSP . Untill Sonys 1st party , EA and a few others support it , well than its fine for me . And yes I am with the opinion that less but batter . As all as I care I could pick 3 games out of my PSP collection and go away for a month just to play and I would , but the DS has no games that I like . Thats all . There is a thing called taste and everyones is different . I like the PSP you like the DS , thats it , but just because the DS is selling batter I schouldent love it .