By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Phantom Hourglass...no legs

routsounmanman said:

And how are Nintendo, togepi and Okami connected?

Hmm.

Well, Amaterasu kinda looks like Wolf Link with Togepi's colour scheme...

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Well Final Fantasy III, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings all sold over a million copies each. Therefore The Legend of Zelda:PH will be in good company when it reaches that mark.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Um, Ok. Spin it however you want to -- good or bad. It has sold THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION copies of the game. If it didn't sell another copy, ever, it would still be considered an extremely successful game and quite profitable for Nintendo for certain. My wife and daughter both love Twilight Princess but neither want to play Zelda on a handheld. Imagine that... an epic action adventure game preferred on a big TV...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Edit: 68soul and Parokki already beat me to it.  If you're on a site where sales are there for everyone to see, maybe check them befor making crazy claims: http://vgchartz.com/japtotals.php?name=zelda&maker=&console=

kn said:
Um, Ok. Spin it however you want to -- good or bad. It has sold THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION copies of the game. If it didn't sell another copy, ever, it would still be considered an extremely successful game and quite profitable for Nintendo for certain. My wife and daughter both love Twilight Princess but neither want to play Zelda on a handheld. Imagine that... an epic action adventure game preferred on a big TV...

Good god, I think your dinosaur called, it says the Artari 7800 just came out.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network
Gelmer said:
kn said:

Uhm, ok, is that funny?  Or relevant?  I imported my 7800 and got it before the official U.S. release so I already have it.  I did thank him for the call, though.

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Gelmer said:
kn said:

I dont want to be rude but that made me laugh pretty hard . Seriously I think that this epic games dont fit handhelds is a bit old . Common Zelda , FF , Metroid , and hopefully CC and GoW will and allready did proove the contrary :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

People say Zelda and the two last Final Fantasy games--Reverent Wings, and Crystal Chronicles RoF--are dissapointments because they're not going to be million sellers (though Zelda still has a shot). Well looking at their sales if they were on any other system no one would say they disspoint, only because they're on the DS, the biggest gaming phenomenon ever in Japan, there is this rediculous expectation of million and multi-million sellers. Yeah those games aren't selling near at the level that NSMB, Animal Crossing, or the Brain Age games have, but those were all games that sold more in Japan than anything on the PS2 ever did. Final Fantasy spinoffs and remakes have sold better on the DS than they have on any other system before them, and Phantom Hourglass is the biggest Japan Zelda since Ocarina.

The DS I believe still doesn't have a million seller in Japan this year, but because so many DS games sell so well including games from one or two years ago the system still has sold far and away more software than any other.

It spent 10 weeks in the top 20 and has already outpreformed its predecessor by about 300k. I think you're being a bit too harsh.

Also, isn't it a bit unfair to imply that a title is a failure when its only been released in one country so far?

hunter_alien said:
Gelmer said:
kn said:

I dont want to be rude but that made me laugh pretty hard . Seriously I think that this epic games dont fit handhelds is a bit old . Common Zelda , FF , Metroid , and hopefully CC and GoW will and allready did proove the contrary :)

Great, glad you had a laugh.  I don't really care, really.  You know opinions are like... But... I didn't say epic games don't fit on the handheld.  I said my wife and daughter don't want to play Zelda on a handheld ... they prefer that type of game on the big screen.  I'm sure a lot of folks (apparently 800K plus) disagree with that sentiment.  BTW, I have TWO DS Lites in the house and they get worked over pretty hard.  Just not for a Zelda-type game.

I hate trolls.