By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PS2 JRPG Had The Best Storyline?

jonager said:
vagrant story

This is the best PS2 JRPG storyline not PS1.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 10, Kingdom Hears 1&2, and Dragon Quest 8. I didn't enjoy the story in Digital Devil Saga that much. I'm not sure why it didn't appeal to me.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

I hated Tales of the Abyss. One of the dumbest plots, based on getting 1/3 of the way through the game.

I'll give my vote to FFX, but I haven't played many JRPGs on the PS2.

bobobologna said:
I hated Tales of the Abyss. One of the dumbest plots, based on getting 1/3 of the way through the game.

Tales of the Abyss's storyline does not really get good until 15-20 hours in. And its a 60 hour game.

g-value said:
bobobologna said:

Tales of the Abyss's storyline does not really get good until 15-20 hours in. And its a 60 hour game.

Then it's a shame that the first 20 hours really sucks (I got to the part where you switch over to controlling the "other" guy).

I've read spoilers for the game, and it really does sound like a great story.  It's just a shame that it takes so long to really get going.  Maybe one day I'll give it another shot.

Around the Network

I hate JRPG'S or RPG's or whatever there called!!!

Consoles owned=PS,PS2 n PSP...Hope to buy DSi

From what I've played (which isn't much)? Final Fantasy XII.

Final Fantasy X :)

Its still my fave FF game,although I do need to finish IX

Xenosaga (1-3) and shin megami tensei nocturne and digital devil saga (1&2)
The religious references in xenosaga were outstanding, obviously the multiple endings of nocturne were easily the reason I turned this game over 5 times (Devil ending was really wicked).

Final Fantasy 10 or Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Legendia for me.

myspace.com/neorayj