By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2010 to be the year of the Xbox 360

2010 wil be kickass however i still think 2009 can be easily salvaged by a good e3 showing. Cmon M$ dont let us down. Youve done amazing the last few years and next year looks good but we need a good 2009 to keep the 360's momentum going

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

after gears of war 2's abysmal online, i cant believe im saying this, but i dont care about gears of war anymore. so count me out of the gears 3 hype.

I don't understand why people are fretting over 09 Xbox already...where is this criticism of the 09 lineup so far. Microsoft is known for releasing their ENTIRE holiday lineup at e3. Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, Prince of Persia, Dead Space, etc were all given definite release dates at e3 last year.

This year btw is actually pretty good so far for the 360. We already have Halo Wars and Resident Evil 5 heating up the marketplace. We can expect Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 2, Halo: ODST already in the bag. PLUS all the games that they will reveal at e3. Sounds like a pretty good year for 360...not necessarily better than other years, but none-the-less very good.

I think PS3 has the best lineup this year with 360 close behind in my opinion

Currently Playing: God of War Collection

2010 Anticipations PS3: MAG, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian

2010 Anticipations 360: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, alan wake, halo reach, fable III, fallout: new vegas

2010 Anticipations Wii: zelda

heruamon said:
Jeronimo66 said:

I feel the 360 will have its biggest year in 2010 the only reason I believe that is because the next Xbox should be out fall 2011, 360 will most likely not have a bigger year in 2011 due to the hype surrounding the new machine and sales may start to slow down even if they keep manufacturing Xbox 360 and even if the xbox 360 Arcade is $99.

I think 2011 for a new xbox console would be extremely aggressive, imho.  The 360 is performing well and M$ probably will want to support a dual console approach, while ensuring full B/C.  Their goal will probably be to ease developers from one console to the new one, and I think 2012 might be the best year.  M$ is going to want to emulate the PC improvements, since you NEVER hear about developers whining about the cost to make better game for PCs, also by that time, all components of the current 360 box will be dirt cheap, and it will be able to fully supplement the cost of rolling out next xbox.  I’m thinking 500GB HDD (or maybe even 250 GB SSD) and some slots for flash memory.  I think M$ keeps the upconverting dvd and try to push flash memory as a means to deliver bigger games…it saves on power and cost of game packaging for one, even if the medium itself is slightly more to cost out…on the volume scale we are talking about though, it might be cost effective. 

Blizzard just came out by accident saying Microsoft is already talking to them about the next xbox and that was last month, March, the first real news of xbox 360 came out at the beginning of 2004 a year and a half later the system launched, it was rushed but the system launched, meaning 2006 would have been a better time to launch the 360 as that would have lead to a better made console and the whole 33% failure rate would never have happened.

Now If you look at the timeline of the 360 rushed that would mean the next xbox will launch fall 2010, If you look at the timeline if the 360 wasn't rushed that brings us to fall 2011.

I don't know when the next xbox will launch but going of all the information I have read on the next xbox, fall 2011 looks like the time.

I believe microsoft was going to launch fall 2010 because that would be the typical 5 year life span for consoles, but because of the success of the 360 microsoft is going to extend it another year, fall 2011, and I remember microsoft saying they will stop production of 360 in 2012 that means 360 would have been in production for 7 years, a big difference from the 4 year life cycle of the origional xbox.

Another reason I believe the next xbox will launch fall 2011 is because microsoft wants to keep up with PC game releases, In 2010 I think the 360 will begin to fall behind in keeping up with the latest PC technology another reason why 2011 is the prime date, so if a game that cannot be done on 360 comes out on PC it will come out a year later as a launch title for the next xbox, and as mainly a console gamer I wouldn't mind waiting a year for the one or two PC games I want, I just don't see the next xbox launching in 2012 based off the information I have heard and looking at the life cycles of previous console generations.

if looking at the hardware sales in 08, its 360's year
but for software lineups, in 08, its ps3's year...
09 is also looking good for ps3(in softwares)

but wait unitl E3 don't go out to the conclusion of MS backing on this year
and proceed to a blow-out on 2010, c'mon, 09 is just starting, its not even ripe yet...

alot of games will be announced on E3(both will be released on late 09 or early 2010)

regarding the fact that MS will release their new console on 2010 or 2011, wtf...
360 is doing good, why abandon it?

if the MS will support 360 and their new console, i think it is hard on their part...

360 is only 3.5years old(i think) and let it go to at least 5 yrs,(c'mon MS)
MS don't rush everything like 360 and vista(yep vista was rushed)

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

Around the Network
zordiark said:
if looking at the hardware sales in 08, its 360's year
but for software lineups, in 08, its ps3's year...
09 is also looking good for ps3(in softwares)

but wait unitl E3 don't go out to the conclusion of MS backing on this year
and proceed to a blow-out on 2010, c'mon, 09 is just starting, its not even ripe yet...

alot of games will be announced on E3(both will be released on late 09 or early 2010)

regarding the fact that MS will release their new console on 2010 or 2011, wtf...
360 is doing good, why abandon it?

if the MS will support 360 and their new console, i think it is hard on their part...

360 is only 3.5years old(i think) and let it go to at least 5 yrs,(c'mon MS)
MS don't rush everything like 360 and vista(yep vista was rushed)

Fall 2010 would be 5 years.

hmmm, I don't want to contract dashedsonyfanboyexpectations-sciosis, but I will say no.

Pretty much because nobody knows anything.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@Jeronimo66
- my bad, i kinda think well before posting... but change 5 yrs to a 7 yrs
hehehehehehe...

everybody happy??? well if ever the new xbox was release... i'm not going
to ride that train, why? because xbox360 offers more(games) than that of the new console it will be 2-3yrs(from the release of the console) before i purchased

just like my ps2, my ps2 is still alive and kicking and new games are offered(that's
why i do not have ps3 yet but planing to have one)

so if MS do really release their new console, congratz to them...

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

Yeah It's kinda scary to think next Fall and the 360 will be out five years. I know why the original XBox was killed off so quick, but five years is coming pretty fast. MS said they want to be out of the gate first again, and I don't know if a even a Wii successor will be out by 2011. New PS? Pfft.

Also Gears of War 2 isn't that bad online anymore. With the recent patch the experience system works out well, and quitters are rarely seen given the new experience loss. Most people will stay regardless of whos winning. Theres some balancing issues left (because shotgun tends to rule the world still) and the lack of non-ranked matches but thats it.

It's just that simple.

I don't know that 2008 was the year of the 360.

the ps3 had these game review scores at IGN.

GTA IV 10
MGS4 10
Little Big Planet 95
Resistance 2 95
Valkyrie Chronicles 91

and the 360 had these

GTA IV 10
Fallout 3 96
Gears 2 95
Bionic Commando Rearmed 94
Castle Crashers 90
Left 4 Dead 90
Fable II 88
Ninja Gaiden 87
Tales of Vesperia 82

Lost Odyssey 80
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts 80

Even though there is more quantity on the 360 side, I don't think that the quality is there to trump two tens, two 95s, and (strategy) jrpg of the year on PS3.

Heavens to Murgatoids.