By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official WiiWare, Virtual Console, and DSi Ware thread

noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:
I need an SD card. :(

What's caught your eye?

I've been waiting to get Toki Tori and Art Style: Orbient for awhile, and there are a few VC games I want like Secret of Mana, Orge Battle, and Paper Mario.

I really didn't understand why people were complaining until I downloaded a few Wiiware games.  It is surprising how big they are compared to the Wii's internal memory.

(Also, I  wanted this thread back in my recent threads list.)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

did anyone buy bust a move for wiiware? and the new bit trip game?

interesting, now more people will actually be able to enjoy it, like me if i ever get a dsi.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

^I was initially going to skip it, but at this rate DSiWare's going to be too good to pass up. Plus, I'm sure future games will take advantage of the system, and eventually require it. And thanks for posting the info: I'll add it as soon as I start up DSiWare (soon!....I hope!)

@Ari_Gold: I plan on getting it soon. I'll tell you what I think as soon as I do.

Entilzha's mini-review:

World of Goo is a fantastic game for anyone who enjoys puzzles. The music is appropriate and mood setting, the graphics are fun and colouful, and the physics of the game are incredible. Joining Goo balls together to make towers, bridges, and other means of transportation is both challenging and fun. The variety of Goo ball types is really a good way of keeping the game from getting stale. The levels also have great variety, and I enjoyed most of them (only a few seemed dull to me). It was very clever of the developers to make it so most people can solve the puzzle to complete the level, but only those willing to put in some extra time and thought will complete the level in the best possible way (OCD). This really helps to prevent players from becoming stuck at a certain level and giving up. I have a severe case of OCD (Obsessive Completion Disorder) and spent many hours going back to levels I already completed to try and figure out how to best finish the level with the highest score, and receive my OCD. If you hate puzzle games, then this will likely not be your cup of tea. All others should give it a try.

Around the Network

So it turns out that this site has almost zero DSiWare owners.

Guess I'll be doing Virtual Console sooner than I thought...

The name of Icarian: Kindred Spirits has been changed to NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits. I can't wait until it releases in North America.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I have all 9 Art Style games and I'd recommend all of them. I'd recommend Rotohex the least and Boxlife or Cubello the most.
Dragon Quest Wars is also a fun DSiWare game for only 500 points. I'll try picking up some of the Electoplanktons on DSiWare when I get some points.

theRepublic said:
The name of Icarian: Kindred Spirits has been changed to NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits. I can't wait until it releases in North America.

Is that official for North America too? I know they changed it in the PAL regions, but I thought we were sticking with the original name.

Pretendo said:

I have all 9 Art Style games and I'd recommend all of them. I'd recommend Rotohex the least and Boxlife or Cubello the most.
Dragon Quest Wars is also a fun DSiWare game for only 500 points. I'll try picking up some of the Electoplanktons on DSiWare when I get some points.

Thank you much! Updating tomorrow, when I have the necessary time.

I like Wario Ware Snapped!

It's not much of a game... it's really kind of a demo of what you can do with the camera. But it is pretty fun while it lasts and can be hilarious when you ask your friends to play it.

I have the Japanese version though.  Not sure if there is a difference with the North American version.