By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The mythical diversified Sony gamer demographic

You essentially answered your own question within your question, man with the last few lines...

It doesn't really mean anything. Its not an excuse, or a plausable one anyway, and if a game gets lower sales on PS3, so what? There are 8 million more 360s then PS3s, there doesn't NEED to be an excuse. If a game sells better on PS3 then 360, though, THAT should raise a few brows, no the other way around.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Sony fans always throw out silly lines to get out of scrapes, its what we do (well i dont anymore, but you get the point)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Hmm, it's a tricky question. One possible (fairly arbitrary) way of looking at it, is considering the genres of the 10 best selling games

5 shooters
1 racer
1 sandbox
1 action adventure
1 rhythm
1 platformer? (bundled)

PS3
5 shooters (including MGS4 as a shooter)
2 racers
1 sandbox
1 action adventure
1 platformer

Oh bollocks, I genuinely thought that was going to turn out differently :P Ahh well, posting anyway

alright i'll try, but would give a specific game

I think its because of The 360s dominance in NA, and because the NA market is so Shooter driven. In other words 'PS3 gamers have a more diverse taste in games.'

Im not sure its true, but shooters do sell more on the 360 whilst racing games and Action/Adventure often sell more on PS3 I think......

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
no shadowblind that wont do.

it is an oft used phrase on here to explain why certain ps3 titles havent sold as many as expected...

Oh, "as expected". I thought you just meant the general sales...I guess it would be an excuse then, to cover the often obscene expectations of many fanboys.

@ above: Don't forget "RPG" driven.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

scottie said:
Hmm, it's a tricky question. One possible (fairly arbitrary) way of looking at it, is considering the genres of the 10 best selling games

5 shooters
1 racer
1 sandbox
1 action adventure
1 rhythm
1 platformer? (bundled)

PS3
5 shooters (including MGS4 as a shooter)
2 racers
1 sandbox
1 action adventure
1 platformer

Oh bollocks, I genuinely thought that was going to turn out differently :P Ahh well, posting anyway

What are those games??? And what are the sales/???

4 ≈ One

we're a myth? hurraz!

Initiating social expirement #928719281

It has a very diverse demographic for example, If you like FPS games you go Xbox 360 no questions asked it owns the genre like your daddy owns you. KZ2 just happened to be the bastard child of the xbox 360 (*it was never meant for ps3*)

If however you are like me and like different games such as GOW3 , Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, RandC, Mgs4, Little Big Planet, Kz2, Valkyria Chronicles and Assassins.........you in essence diversify. I have only one FPS game bet you have 2?
I never like to buy the same type of game twice which is why im in constant lookout for different stuff.

and SONY DELIVERS DIFFERENT TYPES OF GAMES TO ITS CUSTOMERS. If all it did was promote Uncharted and MGS4 all day long for 4 freaking years both would see sales as epic as halo.

Microsoft has nothing but Halo

Interview with Microsoft

question: So Microsoft 2007 you gave us Halo 3 and Gears of War, 2008 you gave us Gears of War 2 what do you have in store for us in 2009.

Microsoft: ummm errrr ummm errrr more Halo but this time its really different.......

Question: How can it possibly be different from the other 3.

Microsoft: errrmmm you have a new character which you cant see and the same guns you had in Halo 3.....ummmm...... hurray for Halo 3.......no wait ODST.

sorry Microsoft just needs to diversify. lol it has other good games like mass effect and Fable. but it dick sucks halo like fuck

I'm just using VGChartz data, so here

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=X360&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

and here

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=PS3&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

The games are

PS360

CoD4

GTA4

CoDWaW

Assasins Creed

PS3

Motorstorm

GT5:Prologue

LBP

Uncharted

Resistance