By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 or Killzone 2. Which has the better Multiplayer feature?

I like my PS3, and Killzone is a great game when it comes to multiplayer. But I loved Halo 3 and its multiplayer. There is no comparison IMO. Halo 3 by a mile.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
If i was to buy one game this gen it would have been halo 3...

I couldn't have said it any better.

KZ2 is a much better game than Halo 3. The online is equally better. The controls are better, animations, GFX, sound, # of people, maps, you name it its better.

KZ2.

darendt said:
KZ2 is a much better game than Halo 3. The online is equally better. The controls are better, animations, GFX, sound, # of people, maps, you name it its better.

Online vehicle combat.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:

Halo

Because it has moments like this

That actually highlights what I hate about Halo 3/Quake/UT.  That last highlight where the guy gets 2 triple kills with a rocket launcher on 3 guys who just respawned.  Halo/Quake/UT are all based around weapon/power up control.  Get the weapons for your team, and deny them to the enemy.  It's a type of gameplay that I just don't like.  It's probably why I never got into Gears of War as well.

I'm a huge CS fan though, and to a lesser extent, a Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear/Ravenshield fan.  I prefer starting with the gun of my choosing, spawning in a safe location with my teammates and then going to seek and eliminate the enemy or go after the objective.  Just my preferred gameplay style.  And it's what I like about Killzone 2.  You start out in a freaking base guarded by sentry bots.  And unless your team is extremely bad, or royally f-ups, you will always be safe when you respawn.  Even when playing team deathmatch.

The above reason is probably why I stopped playing COD4 after a while.  It's stupid to get killed almost instantly after spawning because you happened to spawn right in front of someone on the other team.  There's almost nothing you can do about that.

I still don't know if Killzone 2 is going to join CS and Rainbow 6 as my favorite multiplayer games of all time, but it's probably my favorite console multiplayer game so far.  Although it has more than it's share of flaws, it still manages to be a lot of fun.

stupid thread...Halo3 by a mile...massive active population since launch = proof.

Halo3 = Multiplayer + Controls

Killzone 2 = Prettiness + StoryMode

halo 3 by a mile.

it all goes down to your own personal tastes.

For me, Killzone 2 has the most addictive and impressive multiplayer.

I never got into the Halo multiplayer, its good and freeflowing. it works perfectly for what it does, it just wasn't my thing.

K2 on the other hand, is exactly the sort of multiplayer i want. structured, gritty and tactical.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Toefactor said:
I get a kick out of the haters that say Halo 3 isn't good and only sold based off of its name and marketing hype. What the name and marketing hype don't explain is how even now, almost 2 years after its release, you can go into Halo 3's online match making at 4am on a Wednesday and find 100 000 other people playing the game.

The only thing that explains this is quality and fun factor. People don't play games religiously for 2 years straight based off of marketing hype or a name. They might buy it for those reasons, but they keep playing it because it's fucking awesome.

When you sell over 9,000,000 copies of a game.  The majority of those 100,000 people are generally the most hardcore Halo fans left.  It's not hard to see.  I bet if you look at the ratios of other popular shooters/games it's very similar. 

For example 9,000,000 owners of Halo 3  and there is let's just say 100,000 active players still? That's 1/90th of the userbase.  In other words about 1.1% of the total Halo ownership is still playing 2 years later.

For a game like lets say LBP....Which has sold around 2,000,000 copies.  To achieve 1.1% of it's total people playing it would need only about 22,000 people still playing 2 years after release.

I'm not saying Halo ISN'T a good game.  (While I personally don't enjoy it all that much...It was better than 2 though.) It's well made and well liked by many.   To say that it wasn't more hyped than ANY game in recent times is downright silly though.   Halo has more hype than Mario...And that's saying something.  From Doritos to Pepsi products, to minute long commericals.