By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 or Killzone 2. Which has the better Multiplayer feature?

One thing I have always heard about Halo 3 is it's outstanding online feature. Critics and Gamers have praised the multiplayer feature of Halo 3 but I have also been hearing a lot of praise for the Multiplayer feature of Killzone 2, in reviews I have read that the Online Feature of Killzone 2 has surrpassed cod4 online experience.

First of all what makes Halo 3 and Killzone 2 multilplayer so Great? I have never had the pleasure of playing Halo 3 multiplayer so what makes it so great? is it similar to cod4 in terms of online modes e.g. search and destroy.

Which out of the two is 'Multiplayer King'. Please give a detailed explanation. cheers.

Megaman2 out

Around the Network

imo KZ2 is the better game. I can't pin-point the exact reason but there is something which makes it really addictive and fun.

Initiating social expirement #928719281

It has to be Halo. It retains its active userbase after more than a year, something which KZ2 has yet to prove itself with.

Tease.

killzone 2, halo has most players but that is no concern for me.

killzone is the most viceral online this gen.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Squilliam said:
It has to be Halo. It retains its active userbase after more than a year, something which KZ2 has yet to prove itself with.

very good point raised

Around the Network

It's hard to compare KZ2/CoD5 (don't have CoD4), they're completely different games.

I've been playin KZ2 more lately. While it's really fun, there's alota things I don't like about it.

When it comes to Search and Destroy, it's horrible in KZ2. I mean completely stupid. The bomb is usually always placed right next to the defender's base which means they obviously they had Tacticians in mind. Both teams usually place spawn grenades right next to the objective. The result is 5 mins of the some of the most braindead action you'll ever see in an FPS. You got people spawning right next to eachother and both teams throwing grenades right on the bomb area so it's nearly impossible to plant. It gets repetitive and old.

I find KZ2 most fun in matches with less people - I stopped joining the 32player games a long time ago. While this game is also really lacking when it comes to weapons, the few that it does have are some of the best I've ever used. They have a great feel to them. Much better than CoD5's, which feel more like automatic capguns that you'd buy off an ice cream truck. Some of the classes are pretty fun to use, but a few could use fixing - the balance feels abit off, and the game's ribbon system was obviously given very little thought.

As for CoD5, it's abit more braindead than KZ2 but I still like it alot. After playin KZ2 for a while, the party system and responsive controls are much appreciated. The thing I hate most is the lack of skill it takes to get kill stuff - you can get so many lucky bs shots in that game. The rifle grenade is also stupid, but not as bad as KZ2's Assault class (glad most people disable it anyways).

There's alot I can say about both games, good and bad. I play KZ2 alot more only because I've had CoD5 since release (little bored of it), but it's hard to say which game I like better. I might have to go with CoD5.

As for Halo3, I've never played it but based on what I know, it's a million times better than CoD5/KZ2 when it comes to variety and options.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

I prefer KZ2!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

If i was to buy one game this gen it would have been halo 3...

I haven't play kz2 so I can't say whats better but halo 3 is one of the most well supported multiplayer game ever. New maps are always being made, new modes and it has great balance.

disolitude said:
If i was to buy one game this gen it would have been halo 3...

I was waiting for you to respond I know how much you love halo 3 :D