By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 or Killzone 2. Which has the better Multiplayer feature?

Halo 3 is superior to Killzone 2 multiplayer wise in every aspect except 1:

The fact that Halo 3's been out longer, and that the control scheme has not seen too much of an overhaul since Halo 2, you'll find the skill difference in Halo 3 to be much greater than that of Killzone 2 (since everyone is basically starting from the same point in KZ2). So in that sense, it's more "fairer".

But in terms of everything else (user base, developer support, maps, gameplay modes etc) Halo 3 trumps it and then picks KZ2 up and runs it over. Of course, Halo 3 has had 1.5 years to build itself up to what it is right now, so I can't say that the situation will be the same at the end of this generation, we'll just have to see how much Guerilla continues to support KZ2 and how much PS3 users continue to play it (I for one am waiting for CoDMW2, and am only playing CoD4, Fifa 09 and single player games in the mean time).

Around the Network

KZ2.

i perfer kz2. it also depends on what u like. Halo is more of a gun and run game. while kz2 is more tactical. i do also join matches of 16 or 22 in kz2. since joining a 32 match is chaotic. Theres explosion left and right. Also the clan tournaments get really intense. both are good, but i like kz2 more.

Can someone explain why Halo 3 MP is supposed to be so great? So far I've honestly failed to see it.

Hey Megaman. :)

It's kinda hard to compare the 2. 1 has been out about 5-6 weeks. The other has been out 1 and a half years. The content in Halo 3 is far greater. It's game modes are flawless and even now the amount of players online is staggering. Add to that Halo 3 ODST will give Halo3 another boost end of this year, and it's impossible to say that KZ2 is better online. Halo 3 just has far to much ground on KZ2 for it to be a challenge.

However from what Ive played of KZ2 online. It was a pleasant experience for the majority, and one of the few games on PS3 that doesnt disconnect you every 10-20 mins.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Hey Megaman. :)

It's kinda hard to compare the 2. 1 has been out about 5-6 weeks. The other has been out 1 and a half years. The content in Halo 3 is far greater. It's game modes are flawless and even now the amount of players online is staggering. Add to that Halo 3 ODST will give Halo3 another boost end of this year, and it's impossible to say that KZ2 is better online. Halo 3 just has far to much ground on KZ2 for it to be a challenge.

However from what Ive played of KZ2 online. It was a pleasant experience for the majority, and one of the few games on PS3 that doesnt disconnect you every 10-20 mins.

Hey, Selnor :D

First of all great contribution, some excellent points raised. I might have to buy a Xbox 360 :D

Killzone 2, By quite a distance to be honest imo.

This thread stinks

KZ2

KZ2

Initiating social expirement #928719281

halo 3 has a much smoother multiplayer mode...killzone 2 is still fun but not as good as halo 3...but off topic i still think halo 2 had the smoothest multiplayer by far