By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

Khuutra said:
...What's a royal laguz, then?

All of those characters I posted are the "royals" of their respective race. Tibarn is king of the Hawk tribe, Naesala is ruler of the Ravens, and Nailah is Queen of the Wolf tribe (As well as Caineghis, king of the Lion/Cat tribe). They have the ability to transform into their animal counterpart anytime they like, negating their useless human forms. Plus, they're much stronger than any normal laguz (who are extremely powerful to begin with), which adds to the deal.

They're pure nastiness, plain and simple.

Around the Network

I still haven't played any of these games.

And I woulnd't know where to start.

Mr.Y said:

If you can find it, get FE8.  It's the easiest of the 5.

If you can't, FE11 is a good starting point too.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Mr.Y said:

Continuity is kept to a minimum. You can try starting out with Shadow Dragon, since that's the first few games in the series and simpler than the others. I recommend FE7, which was just called "Fire Emblem" in the west. Came out on the GBA. Very good!

Concerning laguz: right, yeah, I remember now. Why did they have to be people at all, again?

Khuutra said:
Mr.Y said:

Continuity is kept to a minimum. You can try starting out with Shadow Dragon, since that's the first few games in the series and simpler than the others. I recommend FE7, which was just called "Fire Emblem" in the west. Came out on the GBA. Very good!

Concerning laguz: right, yeah, I remember now. Why did they have to be people at all, again?

The Beorc and Laguz have been either at war or isolated from each other.  Generally, they didn't cross-breed in that time.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Guys what is the hardest Fire Emblem, I gotta know.

I know this one can't be the hardest, because it has Hector, and Hector is an army-killer.

Since no one has answered your question properly, it's Thracia 776 (Fire Emblem 5) for the Super Famicom. Seriously, don't even try the game. I have, and it's so ridiculously unfair that it's not even fun. The darn thing was so niche hardcore, it came out for the Super Famicom in 1998. That's not a mistype.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:
Khuutra said:
Guys what is the hardest Fire Emblem, I gotta know.

I know this one can't be the hardest, because it has Hector, and Hector is an army-killer.

Since no one has answered your question properly, it's Thracia 776 (Fire Emblem 5) for the Super Famicom. Seriously, don't even try the game. I have, and it's so ridiculously unfair that it's not even fun. The darn thing was so niche hardcore, it came out for the Super Famicom in 1998. That's not a mistype.

Wha.

BengaBenga said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Smeags said:

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn also have the Laguz, people who have the ability to transform into animal counterparts. They only have one tier, but are really powerful off the bat. The only thing is that they need to be in their animal forms to attack and defend, so it's an interesting trade off. Here's my favorites: Tibarn (Hawk), Nailah (Wolf), and Naesala (Raven). Herons, Lions (and their ilk), and Dragons are also available.

In Radiant Dawn, Laguz (minus the royals) suck.  Their level-ups are too slow and their non-transformed stats are pathetic (plus the enemy AI will target an untransformed Laguz character over even a weaponless character).

Yeah, I don't think my final team in RD had any Laguz. In PoR I used them regularly though.

In RD they can be helpful for a few chapters, but really avoid making kills, cause they simply won't grow. I never understood why someone would use a heron anyway.

I usually base my team on personal preference, not Stats hence my characters are not usually ridicilously strong , but i prefer it that way, it also makes the game a bit harder. So i had some laguz in my final chapters.

I always also thought that playing Radiant Dawn  from the "evil" perspective would be quite fun. Anyone agrees?

Also whos everyones favourite villain? I really liked mad king Ashnard

Lolcislaw said:

Also whos everyones favourite villain? I really liked mad king Ashnard

The Black Knight for sure. Man, he was so mysterious and powerful (Look at me, I sound like a giddy schoolgirl.). Right off they bad he exerted his power by killing Gawain, and ever since... I wanted to take down the bastard.

But when the time came... it was so anticlimatic. I mean, you could even leave the battle for Pete's sake. What's up with that?!

I was a little disappointed... and then I played Radiant Dawn.

Demon King was pretty cool imo. Though I like Nergal the most.

Pixel Art can be fun.