By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

love the series, love the challenge :)

Around the Network

Niniaaaaaaan!

Khuutra said:
Niniaaaaaaan!

DAMN IT, NERGAL. ;_;

Pixel Art can be fun.

BengaBenga said:

Yeah, I don't think my final team in RD had any Laguz. In PoR I used them regularly though.

In RD they can be helpful for a few chapters, but really avoid making kills, cause they simply won't grow. I never understood why someone would use a heron anyway.

Are you kidding? Herons are the ultimate in flexibility!

Need to get your slow-ass tank to the front lines? Need to heal more units than you have staff-wielders? Got two enemies with a specific weakness but only one unit who can exploit that weakness? Want to power-level that noob unit you just picked up?

Herons can solve all these problems. Sure, there are other ways to solve these problems, but only the heron has the flexibility to solve a different problem every turn. And they get even more awesome when they grant an extra turn to more than one adjacent ally. Sure, they're squishy, but if you're mindful enough to protect them, taking one along is totally worth it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Dante G said:
I haven't played Radiant Dawn yet, but I have a question. Is the leveling system like Path of radiance where you get extra xp and then use that to level up characters or do you have some kind of catch up battles to level up your weaklings?

Yes, you gain BEXP during the game however, unlike PoR, Radiant Dawn's BEXP gives a fixed number of +'s per level (3).

This means that it's awful for normal level-ups (1-15) but excellent late tier (15-20) because you're guaranteed to get that 3 and can use this to max out your stats with weaker growth (which would otherwise not likely gain +'s from real levels).

Around the Network

So bonus experience does make you level differently? I thought it was just... experience! Like I could use for leveling up Nino.

Khuutra said:
BengaBenga said:
Khuutra said:
Three tiers. Gotcha.

So does stat growth work differently? I know in FE7 there's a certain percentage chance that a character will gain in a stat every time they level up (like Hector has a 40% chance to gain in Strength every time he levels).

No, the basics are the same. Every character has different growth stats for each stat. Over a whole game that would usually mean you have (stat growth*#levels) character. The RNG can screw you though.

Man I hate the RNG sometimes. I think this is going to be my first playthrough where Hector doesn't max out his Strength, and I even gave him those drops.

Good to know it's still the same.

And 48 chapters, damnation. That is a hella long game!

74 hours of game, in the case of my first playthrough of Radiant Dawn.

I ALMOST beat Path of Radiance on hard without losing a character, but the last 3 levels took care of that. On the GBA and now DS versions, there's the option of arena abuse. I don't do it, but it's possible to go nuts and power-level your army rather early in the game. I think the original FF: Tactics is more difficult, but Fire Emblem is no pushover for sure. One thing that drives me nuts about Emblem is that it's possible to have a character level-up and recieve no stats increase. Madness. If it happens too much on any mission, I feel compelled to start over.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Gheb!

Hmm, I've never really played any FE games before, but just got started in Shadow Dragon. I've only played for a few hours, but so far I'm liking it, though I'm surprised at how much like Advance Wars the game is.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046