By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Downloading Update for My PS3

What i do is i download the update on pc and transfer it to my psp. Then install it from there.

Around the Network

Yeah the process for downloading updates or anything in general off PSN is horrible on the PS3. I mean the process where it downloads the update then resets then turns back on to install and resets and then turns back on is really annoying (I'm talking updating console by the way).

As for the PSN demo downloads, I'm quite fed up with downloading them anymore. I mean I tried to download Afro Samurai on the PS3 and the download took forever. Mind you I'm using Verizon FiOS and using wireless connection and nothing else is hooked to the router. Why the hell is it slow, is beyond my questioning.

Feylic said:
My downloads take FORREEEVVVERRRR but thats because My connection is ridiculously slow, I just let it go over night.

@ OP: what kind of internet connection do you have, if you say you got a gig off of live in 4 to 5 minutes...

i have a 12mbps dsl connection.  So I have fast internet.  This is why I don't understand why it takes this freaking ps3 so long to download stuff.  I mean, there is a reason I pay for fast internet, I'm not a patient guy when it comes to downloading things.

wow, i actually learned something form this thread..

Sony should definitely look into adopting the same system Microsoft uses. But if it took me this long to learn why exactly the problem exists than I am sure Sony won't fix it anytime soon.

either way firmware updates are good.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I love being spoiled by Comcast.

My update only took about 2 minutes for 2.70. It only took about 20 seconds to download.

Last night I rented The Matrix off of PSN in SD 2216MB. That only took 17 minutes.

Fast internet for the win.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I just want them to fix it here in America. Thats all I ask.

Funny my updates download and install in like 5 or ten minutes tops. Maybe it is due to the fact I am wired in and not doing it via wi-fi. I cannot complain, plus the feature set that sony always adds to downloads means each download comes with something extra as opposed to microsoft who may or may not add anything due to the fact their down loads "seem" to be a little quicker. I no longer pay for live so I guess it is a moot point seeing I only multiplayer on the ps3.

It's all fine with me, the downlaod speed goes as fast as my connection is on my PS3, and besides the updates are like once every couple months, it's only 30 mins, just let it download then go watch a tv show once, the shows over the update should be downloaded and installed.

My firmware updates take me about 5-10 minutes.

gergroy said:
Feylic said:
My downloads take FORREEEVVVERRRR but thats because My connection is ridiculously slow, I just let it go over night.

@ OP: what kind of internet connection do you have, if you say you got a gig off of live in 4 to 5 minutes...

i have a 12mbps dsl connection.  So I have fast internet.  This is why I don't understand why it takes this freaking ps3 so long to download stuff.  I mean, there is a reason I pay for fast internet, I'm not a patient guy when it comes to downloading things.

Just remember that 12 Mbps is only 1.5MBps, and since there are 1000MB's in a GB, it should take you 666 seconds, which is 11 minutes, not 4 to 5 :p  and thats if you running at max possible speed, which you never are. Maybe people are just less patient with the ps3.....  I live in North America as well, and the download always takes about the same amount of time it would if I was downloading something on my computer of the same size. It could be just your area, maybe theres a bottleneck somewhere between you and sony servers...