By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

I loved this game back in the day. I have downloaded it recently and finished most of it. The way I always do run through of this game is to collect all the skultullas and heart pieces as I progress through the game

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

Did you like when you get the Master Sword and become Adult Link? That's one of my favorite parts in the game =)

I just recently played it on VC, just the final battle against Ganon. I was testing my Plasma Screen to get the best picture. After adjusting the Sharpness to avoid some jaggies I have to say this game still looks Fantastic!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

I actually loved the water temple for one experience:

In 1998, I got stuck there and tried to find one special chest for probably 2 hours. Then I went to bed and in the short phase before I started to dream I suddenly knew where it was. I woke up in the morning. And really: there it was! This never happened again before and after that to me. Probably, I should replay it as well

water temple and spirit temples are my two favourite temples in the game.

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

OMG this is so cool haha. im in the exact same boat as you my friend. ive always owned Nintendo systems but somehow dodged playing the Zelda games up until Twilight Princess. i absolutely loved that game so i went and bought Windwaker and Ocarina of Time with Master Quest in a Gamecube Double Disk off ebay to play on the wii and also hope to buy Majora's Mask after im done.

Ive been playing for about 4 days and im now just about to start the Fire Temple. I think the game so far is amazing and my only regret is not to have played it back in 1998 when instead i opted for Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64 etc. I found the game extremely challenging so far aswell, ive done all the dungeouns up until Fire dungeon without a guide so far, however bits in Hyrule have been quite difficult. like when your in a lead up to the next area and you've got to do something in hyrule to advance to kaokori village or something like walking around goron city figuring out what to do next, or like the bottle in the lake hylia and how you've got to take it to the king even though that was a bit more obvious. although you get help from Navi and people it isnt as obvious as it would be in Twilight Princess. as far as walkthroughs go i rarely use them in game i feel they kill the experience but this game is different, its just in some cases your that fed up of figuring out what to do you need it.

one question to others who've played this and conquered within the ten years its come out...im only up to the fire temple, but im hoping i still have a VERY long way to go in the game, is this the case? i feel there is, because already theres been so much depth with the extra parts of the game beside the dungeouns like the graveyard, searching for poes, selling masks, the guy with the magic beans, the frogs in zoras river etc etc. i would hate for it to end soon im enjoying it too much and i feel theres so much more potential to this game to come!!

i look forward to seeing how you go in the rest of the game with your updates, now atleast i have someone to relate to!

Around the Network

I'll tell you something, if you like videogames and die, but you played TLZ Ocarina of Time and you didn't finish it while you were alive, your soul would be DAMNED for the eternity.......It is a joke;) but something that i know for sure is that ocarina is one of the best games ever, just take your time..

one last advise....
DON'T TRY TO BRAKE YOUR CONTROLLER AT THE WATER TEMPLE

thats good to no thanks. ill take your word on it, well they do call it the best game ever so it must be for a reason.
haha yeah i am not looking forward to this dreaded water temple. what game is the best out of LOZ; OoT, MM, WW, TP? im going to play them all, just wondering which one. ive got my sights set on Windwaker next, although the cartoony theme doesnt appeal yet

mikescrap12 said:

thats good to no thanks. ill take your word on it, well they do call it the best game ever so it must be for a reason.
haha yeah i am not looking forward to this dreaded water temple. what game is the best out of LOZ; OoT, MM, WW, TP? im going to play them all, just wondering which one. ive got my sights set on Windwaker next, although the cartoony theme doesnt appeal yet

OoT is the best, followed by MM, WW and TP.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

mikescrap12 said:

I think the general consensus is that OoT is the best out of the four, although some would argue that TP has surpassed it (I personally disagree). I wasn't to keen on WW art style at first either but when completing the game it my past worries seem silly in retrospect. The art style really does fit the games tone and execution. Majora's Mask is a bit of an outlier. It has a very unique style and gameplay mechanic that hasn't been seen in any Zelda before or since. It'll either strike a chord with you leading you to love the game or turn you off totally and you'll end up disliking it. Either way there really is no other gaming experience like MM.

Also if you're only at the fire temple then you've got quite a ways to go yet but the total play time will obviously depend on how many side-quests you attempt. Also don't feel bad if you have to use a walkthrough for the water temple as there really is nothing that inspires such sorrow in a gamer as getting really far in the temple and then realising you've missed a small key. Even on my last playthrough I did that and i've played the game twice a year since it came out.

thanks for the posts both were a great help. MM seems like a tricky one to me ive heard both arguments for and against for that game its generally the one that people seem to either really love or hate. if its anything like the two ive played in the series so far im sure it will get its approval. the sidequests are one thing that ive found difficult so far...finding them at the right time and completing them seem to take alot of exploration and time. i dont mind doing them, its just i dont want one to totally get away so that i wont be able to do it if that makes sense. in a way im hoping that the game atleast gives you the chance to see what the sidequest is about one way or another, like for instance stumbling across it during the main game...so you no for reference where it is rather than a sidequest being totally unattainble unless you do something at a specific time in a specific area without having a clue that it actually happens without a walkthrough. basically i dont want to miss out on anything in this amazing game!!
looking forward to seeing how Wii_r2_hardcores updated view on the game pans outs. thanks