By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I LOVED my purple lunchbox, though i did by an Xbox but it was after the 360 came out so i spent more or less the entire generation with just a cube, but i never felt let down by it. Sure i knew the PS2 had more games but i stuck with te cube due to a mixture of brand loyalty and 1st party games that i felt outdid those of any other system.

Around the Network
GranTurismo said:
I want to know from people that only owned the GC, why you owned just this one system and if you felt you were missing out on great games that the PS2/xbox had.

think about thos stupids that miss zelda wind waker owning only a ps2...

I think i missed out on some PS2 games, Disgea and R-Type mainly. I just couldnt justify buying a PS2 as i only just had time to play a few GC games at the time so it wouldn't of seemed the best way to spend money. Plus i had Ikaruga which stopped me picking up the PS2 for R-Type.

I only owned a Gamecube because its game library suited best to me. Most of my favourite franchises are from Nintendo and I could only get them on the Cube.

There were some games I'd liked to play on the other two systems, the Final Fantasy games first of all, but I have over 40 Cube games and therefore I didn't think it was necessary to get another console just for a couple of games.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I never bought a PS2 or Xbox because I like Nintendo's style and the references to games made well before Sony or Microsoft entered the market.

On that argument I would buy a Nintendo console if it cost $850 (as the PS3 does here) and it only had a 3D Mario, a 3D Metroid and a Smash Bros. title.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

only GC. bought mainly because i had an n64 previous gen and GC was cheaper than Ps2 [didn't know much about x-box other than it was American and huge and tried to be cooler than it was, something i don't like... i've always strayed away from things that are popular [i stayed away from the zelda franchise until 2000 when i played OoT, i ignored Mario franchise [other than Kart] until recently when i got SM64 on VC. never played pokemon and MP3 will soon be my first Metroid]
i particularly stayed away from popular things that are popular because of western teen culture like ps2/x-box.

i didn't feel i was missing out on anything all through the last gen, but as i said on the Wii topic i am considering a ps2 now, mainly because games are so cheap for it so i'll probably be able to get it and 10 or so games that i almost felt i was missing out on last gen [gta3/vc, maybe a couple of shooters and racing games]

I shouldn't be posting, i guess, because I didn't own a gamecube (i skipped the entire last gen) but about a month before the wii was announced, i was strongly considering getting one, but was warned by a friend of mine that a new console would be arriving shortly and would most likely be able to play gc games on that -- and i did, and now i do :)

The only game I ever wanted on ps2, that i couldn't live with just playing at my cousins house, was GTA, which I just got for PC -- so no problems there, and i got halo for pc (worst. mistake. ever. for me) and nothing else interested me on xbox either

I only owned a GC. I don't give money to Microsoft. We run all our laptops and desktops without MS. It's not a dislike of the xbox. It's a dislike of the company.
The GC had the games that most appealed to me. Plus it can work out very expensive owning many consoles. My brother had a PS2 so when he got bored of that I borrowed it from him for Final Fantasy 12.
At the moment I have no next-gen consoles. I'm one of the few people in the UK that is waiting for some decent games to appear on the Wii. I've been very disappointed with the Wii lineup so far. The best Wii games to date (RE4 & Zelda) I own on the GC anyways. Metroid & Paper Mario have yet to appear over here. I guess I will get one next year when Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Mario Kart & Paper Mario have appeared. I also would need a TV at some point to play it.

I've been away from consoles in general since 95, when I became a PC-gamer and preferred to play them 3D games with mouse and keyboard. Sure, I played some good PS games with friends, but back then I didnt feel that it gave me something that I couldnt get on my PC, this, and I that could not afford a single system back then :)
I only own the GC and the reason why is, firstly, I got it with four great games for only 100$, It has got a lot of nice games that you CANT get to the PC. I love the GTA games, but I hate to play them on a console, I love Morrowind, but only with mods. To recap; last gen, the only console that gave me enough of good games that I could not get to the PC was the GC.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

I would like to thank all of you have taken the time and answered my question. There were some great answers, that really explained the reason for owning just one console last gen, even if that consle was just the GC.

I choose to ask the question about the GC because it was the least sold console last gen and for the most part lacked the third party games the PS2/Xbox had, this is just based on what i feel are top notch games.

I owned all systems last gen, so i never had a problem of owning just one system.

"think about thos stupids that miss zelda wind waker owning only a ps2"
I feel that Zelda wind waker was made just for the true nintendo fans and for the younger fan base the system had, with all the bright colours and artistic direction the game went.

With the newer Zelda the game was a step in the right direction, it left behind the kiddie image of wind waker and went for a bigger slice of the pie, if Nintendo can expand on this one and add voices to the game, and bring the fighting system to the next gen they could have a great game that will bring in some of the Sony/xbox fans.