By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube owners

LingLing said:

GranTurismo: Calling Zelda WW childish because of the cell shading look is just that. Childish. You obviously never played that great game and btw i was 26 when I played it ,and no i'm not infantile.

Your right i never played WW, but i watched over 10 hours of another person playing it.  The GC was owned by a much younger fanbase then the xbox or the PS2, and overall the games made for the GC show this.  WW was also a very easy game compared to the other ones based off the reviews and my friends who played it. 

The gamecube games had a very light and colourful feel to them and were not what the Nintendo fans wanted for the most part, Mario sunshine and Zelda show this.  I'm not here to argue over the ratings of the games or what you feel the tone of the GC games were.  The overall art direction of both games had a young fanbase in mind  and the games were targeted towards that.

I won't be replying to any comments made on this specific post, i have stated what i felt was brought to this system game wise, you can have your own opinion based on what you feel the system had in general.  I also owned a GC and my posts are in noway attacking GC owners or Nintendo fans.

Around the Network

I bought a gamecube for the First and second party content really. games like Zelda, Eternal Darkness and Metroid to name a few kept me busy for that era.

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

I had a GC and a PC so anything worth having that I couldn't get on Gamecube I got on my PC so no, I really never thought I was missing out on any of the frustrating duel analog thing. The only game for the xbox that I wanted was Halo, and when I got it on PC, I found it to be repetitive, and and average shooter. The Halflife series has it all over the Halo series.

Last gen I bought a GC. My roomate won an XBox but he only played Halo for about 20 hours. I eventually bought a used PS2 after 4 years.

I'm happy I bought the GC first. Many good exclusive games, and until the end of the GC's lifespan developers were still making/porting games to it.

Everything else I could play on the PC, or head to my neighbors and borrow their PS2.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.