By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - vgchartz rating: Warhawk 6.96 and dropping

What are you so worried about? I thought people said a 7 was a good score when we're talking about the 7's that games like Lair and Heavenly Sword received.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

bioshock's rating is starting to drop and now the BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER CREATED has a score lower than a 7.

Isn't it a bit early to call Warhawk the best multiplayer game ever created?

--------

The game ratings here are a total joke, I try not to even look at them for the most part.

Suggestions:

1) Get rid of the game ratings

2) Use Metacritic and/or Gamerankings ratings

3) Limit voting to registered users and make the voting public (have a separate screen for each game that shows the score given by each user who voted).

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

leo-j says:
IOI!!!!!!!

THE RATING IS 6. SOMETHING WTFK!!!! NO HELL NAW IM MAD AS FUK Sorry for this rude language why in da fuckin world is warhawl even below an 8??!?!!?!?!?! I HATE EVERY SINGLE MOTHER FREAKIN NINTENDO/ XBOX FANBOY AND HOPE THEY ALL DIE!!!! HOW CAN YOU RATE WARHAWK THIS BAD?!!?!?! WTFKK!?!?!?!
Posted on: 09/08/07, 02:15

Seek professional help. Seriously.
If this isn't bannable, what is?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Petition to remove the ratings.

Let's march on ioi

I agree that ratings do really nothing but excite a few fans of those games and bring down the legitimacy of the sales figures due to other people not realizing it is a community based ranking.. i have been required to defend that fact several times on other forums

Around the Network
gebx said:
Those ratings only cause trouble..

I don't think they should be fixed... I think they should be taken out.

I couldn't agree more. The ratings really don't add any value to the site and should be removed. The highest ranked game section occupies too much room on the front page and could be used to display more detailed stats.

As others have suggested user ratings should be replaced with an average rating compiled from the most respected game reviewer sites.

leo-j said:

... BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER CREATED ...

Ahahahaha....

ahahahahahaha....

Ok... sigh ... can we remove the rankings so all these people stop complaining? And can we remove gamerankings.com while we are on that? Because there's only one Sony game on the top 10.... they must be biased....

who cares? All the ratings have been lowered by idiots, and Nintendo games are victims as well.

Of course, let's not look at the top 100 or so games, all with a rating of 10.0 all crappy PS/PS2 games.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Warhawk is a blast... Its the single game that I really want on the PS3. But I will just play the roomies for now

However... best multiplayer game is the biggest exaduration EVER. Its a blast but its not anywhere near the best. (It still has some balance issues). I have been playing everything from shooters to MMO's online since our 28.8 modem I am a HUGE multiplayer fanboy. So I will say it agian warhawk = awesome but leo... bud no where near the best ever.

gamerankings.com (which is only PROFESSIONAL reviews) has it at about an 8.3/10 which I think is correct. Fan based rating are retarded and I don't know why this site has implemented them, I hope they are removed.

The best multiplayer game ever made is Tribes 2 and you are deficient as a human being if you disagree with me.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck