By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - vgchartz rating: Warhawk 6.96 and dropping

Whine whine whine.

So you don't like the ratings...so what? If your football team keeps losing you don't petition to get rid of the league.

Look, just because you think a game is great and it got great reviews does not mean *OMFG what wrong with the ratings system!!!??!!!111!*

As Twesterm so cleverly put it, shut up and get a life.

Life isn't fair. Game rating systems aren't fair, as they are made up of opinions. Just because you may be in the minority DOES NOT MEAN THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN. It just means that not everyone had the same tastes you do.

Honestly, instead of bitching about it, why don't you just spend about an hour and vote your favorite games up? It doesn't bother me, because it doesn't affect sales or my perception of the game.

About the site being biased...duh. Just duh. The Nintendo bandwagon is bigger than Sally Struthers on South Park right now. As one member put it in his/her sig; "Reality has a Nintendo bias"

Edit: 69th post...*dances*

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network
cdude1034 said:

Whine whine whine.

So you don't like the ratings...so what? If your football team keeps losing you don't petition to get rid of the league.

Look, just because you think a game is great and it got great reviews does not mean *OMFG what wrong with the ratings system!!!??!!!111!*

Life isn't fair. Game rating systems aren't fair, as they are made up of opinions. Just because you may be in the minority DOES NOT MEAN THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN. It just means that not everyone had the same tastes you do.

Honestly, instead of bitching about it, why don't you just spend about an hour and vote your favorite games up? It doesn't bother me, because it doesn't affect sales or my perception of the game.

About the site being biased...duh. Just duh. The Nintendo bandwagon is bigger than Sally Struthers on South Park right now. As one member put it in his/her sig; "Reality has a Nintendo bias"

Are you talkin to me?

Edit: Cause if you do, you're getting me completely wrong. I don't give a rats ass about the ratings. But I think VGChartz would be a better place without all the silly stupid annoying childish useless "Wah. Mah game haz teh rating bellow 9 NOW woot?!? R U teh seriouz it's TEH GOTY now plz to die all ya" threads.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
tombi123 said:
if you want to see major bias towards Nintendo/against sony look no further than the RE4 ratings:

RE4 (Wii) 8.51

RE4 (GC) 8.31

RE4 (PS2) 7.06

Doesn't the PS2 version have extra content over the gamecube version aswell.

tomb123 I'm not sure if you know: RE4 was a Gamecube exclusive first which was later ported to PS2

The graphics on the GC version are better than on the PS2, and the Wii Edition has the better graphics PLUS the new unique wiimote control scheme (I'm playing this game at the moment).

So find another game to prove your Nintendo-Bias theory, because these ratings surely represent the truth.

Generally: I agree there are more N-supporters here than Sony or MS. But maybe this is just because there is more Nintendo-fans in the global population than Sony or MS fans. 

I am still chuckling about Warhawk being the best multiplayer game ever. I wouldn't even put it in the top 10. Imo any multiplayer game with 5maps definetly doesn't deserve to be called the best ever.

It is a good game but it isn't anywhere near games like BF2142.

I agree with ElRhodeo as well. Anyone who says other people should die because they like different games deserves an instant permanent banning imo.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

ElRhodeo said:
cdude1034 said:

Whine whine whine.

Are you talkin to me?

Edit: Cause if you do, you're getting me completely wrong. I don't give a rats ass about the ratings. But I think VGChartz would be a better place without all the silly stupid annoying childish useless "Wah. Mah game haz teh rating bellow 9 NOW woot?!? R U teh seriouz it's TEH GOTY now plz to die all ya" threads.

I wasn't talking specifically to you, no. It's just I'm tired of reading all of the useless threads, and all the useless posts within the threads saying how it's the rating systems fault and everybody's biased towards Nintendo, etc.

I'm tired of people like leo-j complaining about how Sony never gets the credit they deserve and whining like a 13 year-old about how since Sony isn't winning, life isn't fair.

So no, nothing personal against you Elrhodeo, you're actually one of the better and more coherent posters on this site. 

Around the Network
cdude1034 said:

I wasn't talking specifically to you, no. It's just I'm tired of reading all of the useless threads, and all the useless posts within the threads saying how it's the rating systems fault and everybody's biased towards Nintendo, etc.

I'm tired of people like leo-j complaining about how Sony never gets the credit they deserve and whining like a 13 year-old about how since Sony isn't winning, life isn't fair.

Full ack. It's just that the ratings should be good for something. As it is now, the smarter people don't care about the ratings, and the dumber people fight about them. Completely counterproductive.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
ElRhodeo said:

Full ack. It's just that the ratings should be good for something. As it is now, the smarter people don't care about the ratings, and the dumber people fight about them. Completely counterproductive.

I see your point, but I don't think the ratings have to necessarily be good for anything. Mostly they're just for fun, and reflect the views of the community at large.

Let the dumber people fight, just let them do it in a controlled environment with padded walls and big foam noodles. (ie, in a single thread without the possibility of posting multiple threads about different games)

I think a deletion of threads like these would be satisfactory.

Of course it's slanted. Anyone with half a coding knowledge can make up an automated script to vote anything with Wii, N64, NES, etc. as a 10 and anything that's a PS3, PS2, etc as a 1. They could even set this up to continually go through all the game IDs starting from 1 and going up to max and start over.

Not that I'd know that from experience or anything... (but I was one of those that found out you could vote your favorite game as a 1,000,000+ rating... and ioi, I know all you did to fix it was remove all the extra zeros!)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

If Sony's games can't be at the top! No ones can! *blows up the ranking system*

Seriously, can't you children just play nice.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Gelmer said:
If Sony's games can't be at the top! No ones can! *blows up the ranking system*

Seriously, can't you children just play nice.

hmm, you remember me of someone :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!