By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi NO MPS3 playback WTF!!!

thetonestarr said:
VHS was the standard until DVD came around. You didn't argue about people supporting the superior format only back then; why argue now?

AAC is incredibly superior to MP3. Somebody's gotta do something to bring about the change that'll move support over. Yes, MP3 is standard, but does that mean it should be?

That's a terrible, terrible argument.  VHS and DVD used radically different physical apparatuses. If DVD players didn't play CDs, or if Blu-ray players didn't play either, that would be a better analogy and I guarantee I would be seriously annoyed.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

It think they did this since iPod and iTunes are so huge that much of that music will already transport over without issue.

Jo21 said:
Shanobi said:
One other thing, for the people who say there is nothing in the instructions about format. I just opened my DSi, and the first thing I see in the manual for the music is this:

"Nintendo DSi sound can play audio in the following format:
AAC(.m4a, .mp4, .3gp)"

AAC is the codec.

(.m4a, .mp4, .3gp) = containers.

.mp4 and 3gp can use video in the same container.

actually 3gp its used even in cellphones, for video recording.

new ones have h264 VGA  (640x480p) 30fps

I'm pretty sure he's aware of it....

the lack of mp3 playback is a minor annoyance at most, have a drink from a nice tall glass of calm down juice.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

dahuman said:
Jo21 said:
Shanobi said:
One other thing, for the people who say there is nothing in the instructions about format. I just opened my DSi, and the first thing I see in the manual for the music is this:

"Nintendo DSi sound can play audio in the following format:
AAC(.m4a, .mp4, .3gp)"

AAC is the codec.

(.m4a, .mp4, .3gp) = containers.

.mp4 and 3gp can use video in the same container.

actually 3gp its used even in cellphones, for video recording.

new ones have h264 VGA  (640x480p) 30fps

I'm pretty sure he's aware of it....

That was in response to him saying that there was nothing in the instructions about what format to use.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

Does it support Divx?

I knew this before I purchased it.

No MULE or Barrel Rolls on the DSi? WTF!

I got a DS for the kid's b-day and he loves it, but WTF would somebody get a DSi? That's like 2 games if you get a DS...for a camera?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

the only logical reason is there a cartridge called MP3 Player for the DS