By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Enough of this "core" talk from Nintendo fans.

What is with all this talk about core and niche and casual with Wii fanboys? "This game sold like crap because it's not core it's niche", "Petz isn't shovelware it's casual", "Core is not hardcore it's any game that bolsters my arguement at the current moment".

2 years and three months later I can count the number of great Wii games on one hand (PS2 and Gamecube ports not included). As a Wii owner that makes me sick. But not Wii fanboys. They are too busy jumping up and down with joy every time the Wii outsells crack, or gets a larger shelf spot in their local Walmart.

STOP defending trash on Wii with excuses about core,casual and niche. Get involved. Inform your local community that the Wii is so much more then the sub-par games that seem to be all the rage these days. If good games sell well on Wii that means they will make more of them.

Around the Network

@rol lol its true

@megadude nice jam avatar.

The day will get better trust me. We all have to get a prostate exam once in a while.

360 Tag - narfwack

It could just be damage control.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

RolStoppable said:
The Wii sells great, everything else is irrelevant.

That statement is truly truly truly outrageous.

Around the Network

^lol
depends who you are.

RolStoppable said:

only if i was a nintendo stock holder.

but i am gamer.

What's wrong with a ports? PS3 and Xbox 360 get them all the time as well, it's not just a Wii-only thing.

Well, I guess it's more often PS3 than 360, since 360 is more often the lead platform, right...?

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

As a Wii fan that refuses to shop at Walmart I am offended.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
Megadude said:
RolStoppable said:

That statement is truly truly truly outrageous.

Yes, but it doesn't come close to your OP. You might want to add something with a little bit more substance that can actually be discussed.

Then let us discuss the importance of not defending shovelware on Wii, while hiding behind terms such as casual and core.