By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is Nintendo paying Vgchartz ?

badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:
I dont understand most of what you said...

But are you saying VGChartz is Ninty biased? lol

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3339

He's talking about that. It reads like a very late April Fool's joke.

It is more entertaining / editorial than news, but it didn't originate from vgchartz.  IMO, it probably should of been in a forum instead of news section.  Maybe vgchartz needs an editorial section for items that are not normal forum posts, but are not exactly news either.

Anyways, this site gets pro everything.  It's no way exclusive to Nintendo.  Given that Nintendo has the highest market share being sold currently, it's not suprising the highest % of articles would favor it, and I question sites that seem to have an anti-nintendo bias.  John Lucas was one of the few that favored Nintendo before the Wii was released.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:
I dont understand most of what you said...

But are you saying VGChartz is Ninty biased? lol

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3339

He's talking about that. It reads like a very late April Fool's joke.

Ahhhh okay. Thanks

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
I don't even have the know-how to counter this, oh God where's the Source or somebody this is a travesty

Mr. Lucas why did you do that

I haven't read through the whole editorial, but what I got from it is that John Lucas still holds to the same ideas as (more than) two years ago. The bad thing is that he seems to ignore a lot of the data and knowledge that could be collected over the past couple of years which makes (some of) his conclusions look totally out of place nowadays.

This editorial shouldn't have been allowed to be posted in the news section of VGC, it's just as bad as an article suggesting that the PS3 is futureproof and on a ten year plan. Any way you look at it, this editorial is doing more harm than good for VGC, even though it wasn't written by someone of the VGC staff.

Look, I agree. I have spoken to certain administrators about it. This is not a popular article among the staff. Most of us hate it. This does not reflect the attitudes of the site.

Maybe we should just put a big-ass disclaimer on it.

now that you mention it. 80% of bans are Nintendo related.

hatmoza 2.0 said:
now that you mention it. 80% of bans are Nintendo related.

NOW DON'T YOU START

Around the Network

I agree. That article should not be in the news section.

OT Yes, and I get a monthly check for my loyalty as well.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

The answer to your question? Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Soleron said:

The answer to your question? Reality has a Nintendo bias.

He's not complaining about the numbers, he's complaining about an article that John Lucas wrote in which he predicts that the PS3 will be discontinued this year.

This article is not our site's. I have edited that in in nice bold red letters at the bottom of the article. Popzara is its own site that is allowed to post their articles here as well. This is not in any way representative of VGChartz.

Topic locked as its both been resolved and was awful in the first place.