By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld's UK price plummets after 2 weeks...

I think things like this should be taken into consideration when talking about games with legs...

http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/madworld-already-dropping-below-20-in-uk/

Madworld already dropping below £20 in UK

"In what is likely to be some very bad news for Sega, although good news for us, Madworld has started dropping in price at many retailers across the UK - a sure sign that stores are having trouble shifting their stock.

This week it seems many outlets have saw fit to slash the price below the £20 mark. The price cut comes less than two weeks after the games launch, when the game was selling for around £29.99 - although the RRP was £34.99.

Currently the best price seems to be £16.99 at Gameplay, although £17.99 at Gamestation and GAME offering it for £19.99 are good prices too."

(more at the link)

Around the Network

ouch !

Well, I would buy it. Maybe it will sell 3x as much now.

I might get this eventually if the price is plummeting so quickly...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Wonder if this is going to happen in the US...

Around the Network

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This is the major flaw in the whole "# units sold" as a measure of success.

Procrastinato said:
This is the major flaw in the whole "# units sold" as a measure of success.

Agreed, assuming you mean financial success.

Honestly this sounds like a more appropriate price, I'd jump on that if this were happening in the US.

On the other hand I do feel bad for Sega, they haven't been having too many hits this gen outside of Sonic. After they experienced bomb after bomb after bomb after bomb on the PS360 I was hoping they'd fare a lot better finally changing their strategy up and giving some goods to the Wii. Granted, they were probably familiar with Clover's track record and Madworld will most likely end up outselling all the games mentioned before, but I was hoping for a better reception for Madworld.

Well there's always The Conduit. At least it's not niche.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

psrock said:

lol