By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many people on message boards threatened by PS3?

@GerGory and Jaderyu,

For all this talk about how illogical and crazy my conclusions and arguments are, I think what I have basically said in this thread is that after Final Fantasy XIII, Versus XIII, and Gran Turismo 5 are released in Japan during this holiday season, the PS3, going by the way past games in these series have sold on past consoles in Japan, then the PS3 will be getting a big boost over there from these games, and this boost will increase the PS3's lead over the 360 over thereto a point where many more Japanese development studios won't be so inclined to bring exclusive jrpgs to the 360 in that region as they did in much of 2008 especially when these games on the 360 aren't selling well in the West (Tales of Vesperia sold so well in the US that it was discontinued) and are already selling horribly in Japan in comparison to how they sell on the PS3 .

A few months ago, I remember people throwing around terms like "He's delusional for saying Tales of Vesperia and Ninja Gaiden II will ever appear on the PS3."

Well, have you read the gaming news lately?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:
Khuutra said:
You realize the DS is outselling the PSP in Japan on a weekly basis, right?

And that the gap there is still in the neighborhood of 13-14 million?

And that developers are selling to current owners and not just new buyers?

The PSP will not catch the DS in Japan. Do not be absurd.

Last week the PSP outsold the DS in Japan and the week before that it was the DS.  They pretty much take turns each week with one being the leader and the week after that the other one being the leader.  The PSP with the games I mentioned above can pretty much establish itself as the weekly leader in Japan from now until the end of the gen much like the PC Engine did to the NES and the PS3 can still do to the Wii.  It wouldn't be catching per se, but it would be leading.

I don't want you to counter argue, i don't want you to shift the goal posts. I don't want you to argue off on some other tangent like you have done for every other bit of evidence people have provided you, because i'm simply not going to respond.

The fact is that statement is wrong.  Besides the previous two weeks, the PSP has not outsold the DS in Japan (according to VGC data) since the 19th of October last year.  Now this is just one example out of the many posts in this and your previous thread that can simply be refuted by checking the facts.

You can't just argue your opinion and hope that people will agree with you, that's not how it works.  You dismissed logic in another post like it was last season's fashion, logic is important, and can't simply be overcome by the love that you have for your PS3, no matter how great.

So next time you feel like sharing a theory with us, I suggest that you check the facts, think about what you are going to say and have a reasonable debate with your fellow Vgcharterz, like MANY PS3 fans on this site already do. 

If you pay any notice to anything i've said in this post i will be very pleased, but i fully expect you to completely ignore it.

I checked the facts and it looks like you're right about the DS and PSP; however, the PSP has almost outsold the Wii by comparable amounts to what the DS has outsold the PSP by almost every week in Japan since October 1, 2008. Also, last week, the PSP sold almost 3x as many consoles as did the Wii in Japan.

If Square brings Final Fantasy VII UMD out for PSP it will continue to cut through all of these rpgs that the Wii is getting from minor publishers that the fan community wants to give big pops like Arc Rise Fantasia until DQX comes out.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

I'm done here. This isn't even a conversation, this is like trying to beat a brick wall in a kickboxing tournament. You can win, but the wall won't know it, and the win won't change anything.

Khuutra said:
I'm done here. This isn't even a conversation, this is like trying to beat a brick wall in a kickboxing tournament. You can win, but the wall won't know it, and the win won't change anything.

Good, I want to watch some Jean Rollin movies.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

Why are so many people on message boards threatened by PS3?

Just let them rot in hatred my friend.

The truth I found is this, or at least the way I LIKE to explain it:

Many people hate the PS3 'cause it's not PS2. Many of the haters are people who were actually "fond" of the PS brand and many of them even loved their PS1/2. However, not many of them were able to afford the PS3 and they hate Sony for that. Some bunch of these now turned haters did buy the PS3, but hated it after a short while since its first year it had close to no games and the world had been caught up on this "Live" thing.

Sony just didn't deliver in time and to the expectations of these people. And most of them had to turn to Microsoft, and these so-called "Xbots" won't say it, but underneath their most wretched hate for the Sony system lies the HATRED for their OWN 360. Lol, yeah this is crazy, but they actually also hate Sony 'cause they had to content with this RRODing, disc-scratching, online-taxing machine.

Many of these haters loved blindly their previous PS systems. Don't let any of them hypocites tell you otherwise, If they owned a PS system they certainly LOVED it.

Then there's the little bunch who never bought/owned a PlayStation. Nevermind about them, those are not (or were not) gamers (or were not on this Earth at the time), one or the other, there's no other explanation.

Now the haters profess this love for the 360 and like to call Sony names like "liars and arrogant" when the MS executives never had the ballz to pull out their ridiculously deffective garbage off the shelves and make gamers run chores with their consoles like pampering it with towels and singing lulabies to it. Sending it every off week for repairs and paying a service if just to play a game mode included in one of your games just for once. Seriously, I would hate Sony too I'd have to put up with THAT just because that arrogant Sony mess it up.

So I say to you, pay no attention, these people are RRODing inside.

Carl2291 said:
Its not Wii owners who are threatened by PS3. Wii owners KNOW that Wii is gonna win this gen. They just take the piss out of both MS + Sony.

360 owners are the ones afraid/threatened. Its obvious, Xbox cant make a dent in Japan. Its WAY cheaper in Others and only just keeping above PS3.
NA is 360 territory, but yet again... what will PS3 do there when the eventual pricedrop hits?

Naff all

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39355&end=39712

The said:

Why are so many people on message boards threatened by PS3?

Just let them rot in hatred my friend.

The truth I found is this, or at least the way I LIKE to explain it:

Many people hate the PS3 'cause it's not PS2. Many of the haters are people who were actually "fond" of the PS brand and many of them even loved their PS1/2. However, not many of them were able to afford the PS3 and they hate Sony for that. Some bunch of these now turned haters did buy the PS3, but hated it after a short while since its first year it had close to no games and the world had been caught up on this "Live" thing.

Sony just didn't deliver in time and to the expectations of these people. And most of them had to turn to Microsoft, and these so-called "Xbots" won't say it, but underneath their most wretched hate for the Sony system lies the HATRED for their OWN 360. Lol, yeah this is crazy, but they actually also hate Sony 'cause they had to content with this RRODing, disc-scratching, online-taxing machine.

Many of these haters loved blindly their previous PS systems. Don't let any of them hypocites tell you otherwise, If they owned a PS system they certainly LOVED it.

Then there's the little bunch who never bought/owned a PlayStation. Nevermind about them, those are not (or were not) gamers (or were not on this Earth at the time), one or the other, there's no other explanation.

Now the haters profess this love for the 360 and like to call Sony names like "liars and arrogant" when the MS executives never had the ballz to pull out their ridiculously deffective garbage off the shelves and make gamers run chores with their consoles like pampering it with towels and singing lulabies to it. Sending it every off week for repairs and paying a service if just to play a game mode included in one of your games just for once.

So I say to you, pay no attention, these people are RRODing inside.

MS cares for his customers and shows them respect by offering them a HD console for just $200.

Sony is not friendly to his fans when he charges $400 for a console that is almost three years old.

^remind of the price tag of the Xbox 360 in X-mas 2007? THANK YOU!

^and what about the price tag in August 2008?? was it that different from $400? that old technology DVD hard-driveless, HDMI-ridden piece of junk? Shouldn't they have priced it much lower already by that time? 3 years old already , such old tech....bah, don't strangle yourself with that argument.