By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name 1 thing u hate abt sony,MS n nintendo

Sony - Fanboys (honestly, I buy an average of 50 games/year; I have 3 360s... I would buy a PS3 - because I can afford - if it wasn't for what I read on the internet!).

Nintendo - My gf keeps playing the damn DS.

MS - RRoD - but never really affected me - which I know it was a problem.

I mean... I don't usually read ppl with 360's with sigs like "360 is the future"; "360 unttaped potential"; "360 will rule the world". Cockyness isn't cool.

Around the Network

Sony = PS3. Way over priced with launch price of US $600. Trojan horse for Blu-Ray player. Gaming is a secondary function of PS3. Primary functions of PS3 are the Blu-Ray player and multimedia capabilities of PS3.

Microsoft = RROD issue in the XBox 360 - 20% hardware failure rates in launch models. This issue adversely impacted on X360 console sales.

Nintendo = Game Cube. The worst Nintendo console of all time which had limited game library due to lack of third party support.

What I hate -

Sony - Takes too long for games to come out.

MS - Halo fanboys and MS's business practices.

Nintendo - When they saw the Wii's market, they stopped giving a crap about the people that grew up with them and stuck with them.

What I like -

Sony - the only company that seems to be announcing games I want to play this late in the generation

MS - had a few good jRPGs I liked - mainly ToV which will go to PS3 and will trade in for that version.

Nintendo - they make hardware that never breaks. I love Zelda (unfortunately ignored on Wii this gen) and Mario.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

SONY: for making me wait 4 years for the release of killzone 2! But it was all worth it. Microsoft: For charging to play online and still having unstable online servers, Heck 60 players on R2, 32 players on K2 and no lag, Geow2 10 players with planny of lag. that dont make sense.. Wii: Let me ask my little nephew what he hates about it, cause i dont thouch that system.

MS - I don't like where they've taken their business model currently. Everything is about using money to try and disrupt the competition, which I don't like in principle and particularly because it shows no regard for the end customer. If they believe that 360/Live is that good (and the console and Live is very good) then they should focus on that, they should focus on growing more IP and having more 1st party, and focus on their brand/console more than the competitions. Sadly, MS if anything are moving further in the direction I don't like than the direction I would like.

Sony - I don't mind the decisions they made with the PS3 as such, but they were both too slow to actually deliver much and too arrogant they didn't need to. In short they tossed out the PS3 convinced developers, etc. would simply back them as the winner from the beginning and that would be the end of the story. They should be working (as they finally are) to encourage developers to support their platform, and they should be focusing (as they finally are) on getting great 1st party titles out the door. So I guess what I disliked about Sony is decreasing with time.

Nintendo - I only have two gripes with this gen's big winner so far. One, why the hell doesn't Wii play DVDs? I simply demand it does and hate that it doesn't. Two, why the heck can't I use Gameboy chargers, etc. with DS? I hate having to buy essentially the same thing because they power lead port is different from an earlier model - I hate that!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
badgenome said:

I strongly disagree, but I can see why you'd feel that way if you've missed all the "join my Sony army!" threads. And the PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E sigs. And all those Killzone 2 avatars a little while ago. And the people who in this very thread are slamming Microsoft for doing things that Sony itself had done on its way to the top of the game industry.

lol, man you get offended by joke threads/sigs (read the thread to the sig you are citing and you will understand ... or you won't, if you don't even recognize a joke when it is nailed to your face) and by peoples avatars ? Really, how did you manage to survive even one day on the internet?

I understand if people get offended when the games/consoles they love are attacked without reasons ("FF7 sucks", "Wii is for kids"), but I seriously have a problem to understand people that feel offended by those who are simply excited for something (like you seem to be offended by those excited for KZ2).

Nintendo - their undying love for secrecy. I really do wonder what would happen if an employee leaked infomation and the big N found out. I reckon some 100ft tall Pikachue that shoots lightning out its ass would be sent round 'for a word' with said employee.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

-Sony: broken promises and arrogance in videogames

-Microsoft: too focused on beating companies rather than innovations

-Nintendo: their games don't appeal to me

sony: slow, bad ideas

ms: microsoft, 360 breaks on u

nintendo: hate their games

PDF said:
MS - The reason the PS3 is not dominating
Nintendo - The reason the PS3 is not dominating
Sony - The reason the PS3 is not dominating

LOL

Still waiting for CGI-Quality & and MikeB post.

MS-Xbox Live Really?

Nitty-No beef here

Sony-Fanboys